R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPod Cover

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pod Cover
    Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:27pm
As to covers for the POD, I suspect that the fitted covers may be too tight around the trailer.  I covered my 177 with a 20x30 blue poly tarp held down with bungee cords.  Allowed for air flow around the topand kep everything dry from the rains and snow.
I also went to the marine store and got some Starbrite NO DAMP which is used in boats to help with humidity.  This worked very well over the winter in eastern NC.  I keep the No Damp in the galey sink whenever I close the POD up.  I also found that Renuzit Aroma helps with the freshness when closed up. 
Good luck.

Ben & Lorrie
2013 Surveyor 264
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 3:53pm
Have been talked out of the Pod Cover.  Just need a boost.

After washing, I have wet it down again and sprayed Wax and Dry by Turtle Wax. Was easy and it looks great.. Hope it gives the Pod a little protection.Smile

And it also took care of any spots and streaks, just a little rub and they are gone.

Now on the back window. First time I had been above the window. I note it looks like sealant is wearing.

Need information on HOW TO and WHAT to buy by name if someone has used a working product.

I had bought a tub of the agent that dries out closed up things. Did not have to use it, but if we get a spate of wet months, out it comes! Pod is really benefiting from the sunny days, being open and exhaust fan on.

Dog is having small snits, thinks we are getting ready to GO. You know how they can be.Wink

I am STILL trying to make up my mind about a little fly , made by Beaver Creek. My only sticking point is that I have "heard" that the grooves are not smooth or was it the "nailsheads" stuck out too far?
And am I going to need to carry a ladder just to get one on the Pod.

Thanks for great information as usual.

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
barbanjoe View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 4:31pm

We know of what you speak, we are now in arizona, so we have to remember cool damp, even winter! LOL We do get some serious sand and wind with sun damage on our 171. A cover won't stay on so I wash it and wax at least 2 times year.

BarbanJoe
010 Rpod 171
02 Jeep 4x4
12 Ram 1500
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2011 at 9:32pm
Podsible - off topic, where are you going in MD?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Goose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 12:04am
I had a cover over our POD all winter even though it was in a cave,when we opened it it smelled just like it was brand new right from the dealer. I had to take the cover off to bring it home, it now sits next to the drive in the sun part of the day with the cover back on it. I guess I will find out if mold grows under the cover as it has rained a couple of times. I have the cover tied down and even the 50 MPH wind we just had tonight did not move it. I think that up to this point the cover was well worth the money that we spent.    Smile  Goose
Mother Goose's Caboose..2011 RP171..07 Grand Cherokee
Gerald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 1:21pm
Had our Pod covered over the winter. Took it off this spring and ours also smelled like it was brand new and clean as a whistle. Don't know what it would be like if it was covered in hot, damp humid weather but our concern was protecting it from the winter elements. Well worth buying the cover for the winter in my opinion.

7 more days till the Pods hits the road............................Big smile
2010 R-Pod 177 / 2009 GMC Canyon 4X4

Gerald, Lydia and The Boys (2 Shelties)......Canuck Podders
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2011 at 4:47pm
We're going to the Jane's Island State Park.  We've never been down that far on the Delmarva Peninsula or to see the Wildlife refuges (I won't try to spell them!)  Thanks for asking!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Podsible Dream View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 11:28am
Off topic here.

Marshwatcher, I got an email notice of your welcome post, but it hasn't shown up here online.
Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome; we are happy to be podders! 
I hope we can make some postive contributions to the community as we go forward on our journies.

Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12