Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNuestro Pod get a new TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuestro Pod get a new TV
    Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 9:29am
Boy am I happy.  My owners got me a new TV.  Now we should be able to go just about anywhere and not worry about the transmission or engine.  They took the TV in today to get the hitch etc. put on so we can go out this weekend.

2011 Nissan Frontier SV

2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:34pm
Nice truck! Seats how many?
We are hoping to tow with our Grand Caravan but if it feels wrong we may trade her in for something with more umph.
Bette
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:04pm
This is a Crew cab and will seat 5.  It's rated for pulling at 6300-6500 lbs. -  4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine,  261 hp @ 5,600 rpm, 281 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 rpm. Mine is the short bed they do make a long bed, which has a 14" longer wheelbase.

Happy Podding

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 4:40pm
Sweet.  I'll be looking at that and Toyota's offering soon.  Our trip to Florida last week convinced me that I can't take our current TV (a Sienna minivan) across the country as I had hoped.  A little underpowered with headwinds and hills, and just a little "not stable enough" even though I've changed to truck tires and have my WDH adjusted just right.  I'll keep it for another year or so until my wife's Prius is paid off, then whatever new TV we get will have to become my daily driver for a while because I don't expect my current car to last much past that.  I wanted to get a Volt for me, but that will have to wait... for the good of the family, right?  Cry

I'm seriously considering the longest wheelbase possible even though that will make the overall rig fairly long (fitting our Sienna and 'pod into two parking spaces is one thing I really like), because the longer the wheel base the less movements from a trailer affects you.  Need a full-sized crew cab too.  If you don't mind me asking, what are they going for now?
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 5:40pm
Hey Jens, great looking rig. I love that color, and you're gonna be in love with your Frontier/Pod combo. A properly equiped Frontier or Tacoma, like mine, and a Pod is a great towing package. Fear no hills or passes from this day forward! You'll chug right to the top with ease.

Your new Frontier and my Tacoma are very similarly configured. I added a WDH recently, mainly to eliminate hobby horsing. We returned from an extended weekend trip today in 40 mph wind gusts. I'm happy to say we felt no sway, so I will not add sway control. Tacos and Frontiers are just studly little trucks. Congrats again on your new rig!
pmjensen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:53pm
Techntrek - They run in the low - mid 20's  A comparably equipt Tacoma might be a little more.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 6:54pm
Congratulations on your new TV! 
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 9:56pm

pmjensen, thanks.  Better than the mid-30's I saw on similar trucks before the recession.

kickstart, what WDH do you have?  Some models have sway control built in.

Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:24pm
 Tech, it's a Camco with 550 lb. bars from Amazon. I've used Camco hitches on other trailers, so I went with what I'm used to, as I knew how to set them up. I've used them with and without sway bars. Our 175 seems to be balanced well enough that I don't think I'll need to add sway. Also, the Camco is pretty cheap, and it's come to that time in my life. The added Camco sway control is also pretty inexpensive and easy to add if in the future I feel the need.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 10:40am

Ok.  I pulled my 'pod for over a year before I decided to get some sway control, it is a very well-balanced trailer.  I only decided to do it after a long trip with trucks passing all the time.  I figured if I was going to add sway control I might as well add a WDH that did sway, too.  My old popup would have been suicide to pull w/o any sway control.

Post Reply Post Reply