R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote 2McPods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 9:40am
Awesome thanks Big smile
Everything Happens 4 A Reason

Pat & Viki McCartney
2015 171 {2McPods}
2014 F150
Pittsburgh, Pa
kymooses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by techntrek

The link for the video has been fixed.

Also folks, in the meantime, go ahead and follow the R-Pod Spotter youtube channel where that video is hosted.  I upload useful things like that, the occasional thing from Forest River, Rally videos etc.

It's all R-Pod stuff so it's never a spammy channel to follow.  I just shoot a video every now and then if it's something folks think is easier to see in person from another Podder.
Juniper49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juniper49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:34pm
I am attempting to "winterize" and just can't find all (3?) shut off values on the 178?  I see the one that draws antifreeze from the jug but not the ones to "bypass" the water heater.  Any ideas? or better yet a link to a video or photo....?
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 9:17pm
The WH bypass valves are directly behind the water heater on all models.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Juniper49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juniper49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:41pm
I assumed they would be near the WH, but don't see them near the main turnoff. Perhaps I need to unscrew another panel? I will call FR to find a diagram of their plumbing and details about winterization. Thanks.
kandk920 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kandk920 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Juniper49

I am attempting to "winterize" and just can't find all (3?) shut off values on the 178?  I see the one that draws antifreeze from the jug but not the ones to "bypass" the water heater.  Any ideas? or better yet a link to a video or photo....?

The water heater bypass valves on the 178 are under the bed directly next to the sink. You will have to lift the mattress and remove the screws from the plywood and lift that. 
2015 R-Pod 178
2008 Town & Country
Fox Valley, WI
Juniper49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juniper49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:52pm
OH, Thanks so MUCH!!! We have snow coming on Monday and I have to do this tomorrow! 
Juniper49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Juniper49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 11:00pm
I just went outside, removed the mattress and plywood and sure enough....there they are!!! thanks.  I would recommend to FR they make it much easier for owners to do this each season....but then again, maybe there dealers wouldn't be able to charge $150 and make you tow the R-pod to their dealership.... Its so wonderful there are folks like you out there to help others.....Good evening.
kandk920 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kandk920 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 11:07pm
You are most welcome! We just tucked our pod into storage for the winter after only one trip out after buying it new this fall. 
2015 R-Pod 178
2008 Town & Country
Fox Valley, WI
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 4:15pm
Juniper, see the link in my signature for winterization instructions.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 25>