R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

creating an instruction & maintenance manual

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: creating an instruction & maintenance manual
    Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:25pm
Really newbie here where is the temp control for thr fridge?
Rp177
2013 grand caravan
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 7:34pm
Mine is the center control on the outside at the top of the unit, right above the door.  It will give a LCD readout, number 9 being the coldest setting.
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD)
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:29pm
on 2013 177 only 5 settings; I always run on high
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:32pm
sorry, saw 2013 but that's the TV
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Newbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 8:52pm
Thanks and the rpod is the 2013

Rp177
2013 grand caravan
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 10:32pm

Cleaning the A/C condenser and evaporator coils

Original post with directions here: http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3825&title=cleaning-the-a-c-condenser-and-evaporator

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
tim&karen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tim&karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 3:38pm
I too am looking for the directions on how to use the microwave/oven. Any suggestions?
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 5:35pm
There have been several models over the years.  Look for the sticker inside the door for the model number and if you can't find a manual online I'm sure someone here can help.
wingnut2312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote wingnut2312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2013 at 3:39pm
Nice thread! Very helpfull to us newbies. I have a simple question...
We just got our rpod and have yet to take it out. Planning on going our three times next month. I see mentioned sanitizing the fresh water tank.
Two questions...1. What is the proper method for sanitizing an unused tank before use? 2. How would I prefill the hot water tank?
I am getting into the manual now, but any help is appreciated!! Also, please warn me of any newbie mistakes so I won't burn this thing down!!

Thanks!!

Also, what is the baking soda mix to help with the bleach taste? I can hear the kids voices now if it tastes like that...
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 10:50am
Packing, setup and takedown lists

The following are lists we use when packing for a trip, setup/takedown in-camp, and finally a special list I created for our 3-week US tours.  The setup/takedown list is permanently taped inside a cabinet door in the pod.  The other two lists are printed for each trip and each item is crossed off as the step/item is done/packed.  Some items are rarely taken on trips but are on the list as reminders, like the canoe.  The long-term packing list has steps and stuff you don't normally need for short trips like nail clippers, and removal of a lot of stuff we need when "camping" but not when "touring" like the camp stove and R-dome.

You'll see laquer thinner mentioned, I take this when I take the generator because soap alone will not remove gasoline from your hands. If you first use some laquer thinner (you don't need much) and then soap, the gas smell will be gone.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 25>