R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCheck your brake wires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kmcmurph View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check your brake wires
    Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 3:07pm
I have been under my pod and can see how what you describe can happen. I have already installed wire loom and zip ties to clean up other wires under there, now I will head out and check the brake wires.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 11:15pm

I installed my axle risers today, and while I was down there I noticed a big problem.  The wires coming out of the brake housing on both sides of the 'pod runs right over the top where the axle connects to the wheel, held in place with zip ties.  The suspension on the 'pods works by twisting the axle using an "arm" on each end of the axle.  My right wheel at some point bottomed out (topped out?) and the top of that arm hit the frame.  Not a big deal, there is a slight dent there now but that should have been it.

Except for those wires.  Both wires were squished between the frame and the axle and were sheared off.  It was an easy fix, I connected the wires and cut off a zip tie that held the wires to the axle near the wheel.  That gave the wires the flexibility to hang around the side of the axle instead of laying on top of it where it could get smashed again.  So check your wiring and make sure it can't - or hasn't already - been smashed.

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply