R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forest River Build Quality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
lostagain View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest River Build Quality
    Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 8:50am
You raise a valid point about build quality.  Unfortunately, it seems to be common in much of the USA RV business.  At some point some smart person with a few bucks in his pocket is going to make a deal with some European caravan builders to import some of their very nicely built trailers and sell them here at competitive prices.  Like the USA automakers, once they have some quality competition, they may get smart and start to pay some attention to the reliability of their products.  If not, they'll just fade away.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
wvanauken View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote wvanauken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2023 at 8:12am
Why is it that poor build quality with many RVs seems to be just the way it is as if this has become a normalized part of the industry? Does the Dept. of Consumer Affairs know about this sad state of affairs? It seems that this has become an accepted part of business as usual. It is unacceptable. Maybe I'm preaching to the choir here. I purchased a new 2019 Forest River R-pod 180 and had nothing but problems with it right from the get go. I took many pictures and did a write up and sent it to Forest River. They contacted me and basically said that since all these deficiencies were repaired at the dealership, why do I have an issue? I told them that the warranty really shouldn't be relied upon because the manufacturer build quality and quality control is poor. Warranty is to cover things that show up during a certain period as the unit is pulled and used. I do really think that Forest River is taking advantage of the dealerships to cover their butts in this regard. Anyway, after a lengthy conversation with FR in which I told them I feel I should be compensated for all the hassle of towing it back and forth to the dealership, the frustration, the waiting for FR to OK the warranty repairs and the extended time to receive parts. And the fact that my unit wasn't useable for the first 2-3 months of it's life. They finally asked me what type of compensation did I have in mind. I told them that some type of money reimbursement would be nice. They actually cut me a check for $500 which was nice, but really didn't address the issues they were having. Did they take it seriously enough to try and go back and rectify these build quality deficiencies or just call it the cost of doing business? I will never purchase another RV again unless I'm convinced I won't get ripped off. I've done many upgrades in addition to all the repairs to get it to the point where I'm satisfied and feeling good about taking it out on the road. Sorry for my lengthy two cents...or maybe three or four 🙂 but really, it's so ridiculous that we have to put up this type of stuff.
2019 R-pod 180
2008 Toyota Tundra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12