R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Remove stereo head unit in RPOD 192

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seafans View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote seafans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remove stereo head unit in RPOD 192
    Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 9:55pm
One of the first modification I did was replace the receiver unit in my 192.  Mostly after I discovered the USB port does not read,only for charging.  There is a panel inside the cabinet behind the receiver that needs to be removed, 4 screws I think so.  Then you can trace out all of the wires.  The front panel on the receiver snaps off.  Be careful not to crack it.  Then you have access to the screws.  If all you want to do is check the wires the receiver does not need to be removed.  There are no connections from the TV to the receiver.  Have to use the output on the TV to input on the receiver some how.
Rpod-Couple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpod-Couple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 7:36pm
If you have the iRV Technologies radio, the mounting screws are hidden behind two black plastic vertical covers. One on right and other on left side. They are held on by magnets. You can pull these off to get to the screws behind them.
Steve & Elaine
2021 R-pod
2023 VW Atlas Cross Sport
Grinkle192 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grinkle192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2023 at 3:16pm
I want to remove the stereo head unit from its wall mount inside my RPOD 192 and I can't figure out how to do that.  I am getting worried that it might be mounted at the factory before the cabinets have been completely built, and after the cabinets are completed there is no easily reversible way to remove the stereo.  Does anyone know?

I want to make sure the TV outputs are hooked up properly to the back of the head unit, I can't get the TV audio to play on the stereo, is my motivation.
 Post Reply Post Reply