R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My 2014 172 podmods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote abikerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 2014 172 podmods
    Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 8:27pm
I am starting this thread to document my modifications and repairs to my fixer-upper Rpod that I got for a great price knowing it would need some work. We bought it in December 2022 and I've been working on it since. I will post my mods in chronological order. 
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 6:00am
Since we did a lot of changes to our 172, we'd love to see what you are doing.  It's a great little trailer.

By the way, welcome to the forum.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2023 at 9:36am
Welcome to the forum and I also look forward to reading about your repairs and modifications. I hope it goes well and you wind up with a great RPod in which to have many fun adventures, making many great memories doing so.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
abikerider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote abikerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:50am
Here are some pictures of the pod after we got it.

Post Options Post Options   Quote abikerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 9:52am
Is there a better way to post pictures here other than pasting link addresses?

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 10:33am
Yes. Look at the icons above the text entry box. To the left of the question mark, there is a double box with an arrow. Click on that. It will bring you to the advanced editor. Once you are there, look for an icon on the top row that looks like a tree. That is the Insert Image tool. Click on that and you will get a dialog box where you can upload pictures.

Now, as for the pictures, you need to use an image editing program such as the GIMP (Gnu Image Manipulation Program which is available for multiple platforms) or other image editing program to re-size your photos. I find 800x600 or equivalent to work well as this reduces the file sizes to a good size that isn't too big while still being big enough to see details. Upload your picture and it will show up in the box on the left. Select it and then when you hit the OK button, it will be inserted into your post. If you want to insert multiple pictures, hit your down arrow to get your cursor below the picture you just inserted and repeat the process.

Edit:  You can also go back and edit your previous post to insert the pictures there instead of creating a new post. The Edit function is under the Post Options.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
lostagain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lostagain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2023 at 11:13am
Our 172 had badly worn and sun damage decals so we took them all off and left it plain white.  I considered getting a decal made naming it "White Cloud," but it was too costly.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
Rpodrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 8:48pm
Congratulations on the 172. It took me a good year to clean up the poor construction but now that it’s settled in I just hook it up to the truck and go. Check the outside walls at the corners at each end of trailer to make sure they are sealed properly. 
Rpodrrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rpodrrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2023 at 8:54pm

Do yourself a favour and buy some Eternabond tape from Amazon. Cut some thin strips and tape it along the side rails at on the roof.also use it over the spoiler if you have one and it will most certainly seal the roof from any future leaks. The spoilers are notorious for leaking. I also took all the screws out from the trim that joins the vertical walls to the roof and replaced them with stainless and a bit of sicaflex. Many screws holes were drilled by the manufacturer but didn’t have screws and the trim is like a gutter and causes leaks. One day they may actually come to the conclusion that good manufacturing will create more sales. 

Post Options Post Options   Quote abikerider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2023 at 11:17pm
Thanks Stephan H, that helps. The only thing is that it limits it to 1000 kB pics. I'll have to resize my images.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>