Topic ClosedAny other cat campers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any other cat campers?
    Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:46pm
Welcome.  Sounds pawsible....
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
KMyers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 9:22pm
My spouse and I are wannabes for taking our two kittyboys along.  In fact, they are a major consideration as we proceed through our trailer selection process.  Providing for their needs and our comfort with them aboard is leading us to a larger trailer than we would otherwise need and strengthening our interest in an R Pod over a smaller teardrop or egg.  Our two champion litter kickers seem to need as much square footage (or is it "inchage") for their sandbox as we do.

If we do choose to purchase an R Pod, I claim the moniker "Purr Pod" unless someone else is using it already.
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 12:21pm
Blissful, last weekend it seemed that there were a lot of cats camping.  We always take our two, the Class C next to us had three, and the trailer next to that one had one.  I think that's the first time that has happened to us the entire year.

Desi loves being outside provided that he's leashed.  He knows that will be the only way he goes out, so he gets excited when he sees it.  Normally, he'll just walk around and investigate and then hop up on the picnic table to lay down next to me.  

Lucy, however, will only go outside to get her quotient of grass and then it's back inside the trailer.

Fortunately, for both, they hate the loud noise of diesel engines to the point that they will both run to the steps of the trailer.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
blissful View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2011 at 8:46pm
Smile
I have 2 cats and they stay inside..not outdoor cats.  I also have a cardboard scratch thing that I got at Petsmart and clip their nails every month.  They do not claw the furniture in Pod or apartment.
It's close quarters but they seem to have a good time.
Blissful
Podsible Dream View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 5:53pm
We've had them all our time together -a long time :)- and my family got our first bones back in the late fifties when I was a boy! So Siamese have always been part of my life. This guy is a talker, it is like he always has something to say, comment on or complain about. He's a ladies man, won' t spend more than 3 minutes on my lap, but sleeps the evening way on my wife or daughter!

There is a post in the general information area where I asked how to post pictures and got some good help. Check it out. The key is to compress the photos to a smaller size. I use the Windows photo program utility to do that.

Love to see your brood!
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 5:09pm
He's a beautiful boy ! Sorry for the lost of his little sister
Siamese are so special and smart and lovely  lol
Best cats  Hug

I got 4 siamese , traditionnal with short hair : 1 seal point and 1 chocolate point (2 biological sisters), and 2 tortie point. All females ! Girls power lol

Sorry I don't know how to put pics in this forum ..
rp 171 , from Québec with not a good english writing lol

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 4:48pm
Here's our boy - he's an old man now - 12 1/2 years. His sister passed away this spring with jaw cancer, so he is on his own now. She was a typical "apple-head" with the round head, short hair, and slightly crossed blue eyes. Dusty has some traits of the Snowshoe and other long haired Siamese: he likes hard surfaces, sleeps with his head and paws over the edge of something. Except for the long fur he has the same markings as his sister did. The two were the same size - 8 lbs. Their mom was the long hair and dad was a short hair parent. The rest of the litter was short hair. We called him Dusty because as the runt of the litter he scooted around like a little dust ball.

We took some last weekend in the Pod, but the camera has gone walking somewhere...
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
Damour View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:50pm
siamese are so dependant of their masters . If I could bring them all , I 'll do . But it's impossible.
But I miss them when I'm away .

Do you have a pic of your long haired siamese ? we call this type of cats "Balinais" here.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 1:27pm
We just got back from a three day weekend with our long haired Siamese. He was content to stay in the pod either on the bed or on the worktop next to the sink where he could look out the window in the 171 -he likes to sleep on hard surfaces. We found a little dog harness (he's a little guy - only 8 lbs) and a 12 foot small dog plastic coated wire lead at Walmart and staked him out every now and then. When he got tired of outside, he asked to be let back in. He didn't seem to mind our being gone in the middle of the day - he sleeps most of the day and becomes active when we get home, anyway. We have a couple of small plastic litter boxes for car use and that was fine by him. He woke us up early to get his treats like he does at home. He seemed to like going for a walk and checking out the other campsites...he slept all the way home on the the fold down arm rest between us in hte front of the Dakota.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
Outbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 12:47pm
We're doing separate vacations at the same time this year (usually we end up offsetting them because of work) and noone will be home to take care of the cat.  I've got a friend who is happy to stop by and feed the little guy, but I'm thinking of bringing him along camping with me and the dog.  The cat is good in the car, and he's content to be on a leash in the backyard at home.  He will be alone in the trailer during the day while the dog and I are off hiking.  Daytime temperatures in the trailer will be fine, 22-24C (we'll be under the trees in Algonquin).

Does anyone have any cat-camping advice?
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>