R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Propane Regulator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote mojotrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Propane Regulator
    Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 1:55pm
Good Afternoon,
I'm looking to replace a leaking dual propane regulator, however really having a hard time finding one.
It's on 2014 RP178.

Thanks for your help !
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 2:55pm
https://www.amazon.com/Flame-King-KT12ACR6a-Changeover-Regulator/dp/B08XYH5H6Q/

If you want to get one in a store, check out your nearest Camping World.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2022 at 10:31pm
Depending on the type of dual stage regulator you want, look at an RV parts and accessories catalogue.  Pages 272-274 have many to pick from ranging in price from $ 24.99 - $ 59.99.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:58am
I recently replaced mine with a regulator from etrailer.  It was a Sturgis model and works fine. quick service and perfect fit.
Safe travels
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
mojotrout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mojotrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:09am
Thanks everyone,

It just been a bit confusing, so many choices out there. Never did find a make or model #, just know it's sitting horizontal.

StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:36am
Okay, that is not a dual propane regulator. It is a dual-stage propane regulator. It is horizontal so that the vents are on the bottom. We had one like that before I changed to a dual-tank setup. There are many sources available for regulators as mentioned in posts above. When you get a replacement, but sure to mount it so the vents are on the bottom.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
mojotrout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mojotrout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:46am
Thank you much, I've learned a lot already !
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 11:05am
Let me revisit your first post. You say the regulator is leaking. Is it the regulator or the hose? I've had the pigtail from the tank to the regulator go bad on me. It leaked at the point where it screwed into the regulator. Use soapy water to determine where the leak is. If it is the regulator, it will need to be replaced. If it is the connections, they may just need to be tightened. If it is the hose, then whichever one is leaking will need to be repaired/replaced.
StephenH

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Mooree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mooree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2023 at 9:21pm
If you are looking for the best propane regulator, you may consider these popular brand such as Camco, Marshall Excelsior,.. I have used this Camco 59013, I had my 2022 Grand Design Reflection TT for 6 months and the on demand water heater started to throw the E-1 gas code when it would try to ignite every now and then. I thought it may be the regulator on the water heater because the stove and furnace seemed to work fine. Just as a thought, I decided to change out my main propane regulator and now I have no more problems with the water heater. The stove seems to have better flame as well, even though I did not recognize a problem before. But with the new regulator it seems that the flame is stronger.
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 7:26am
Our original regulator failed after 8 years because I never turned the propane off unless the tank was empty, resulting in a black gooey liquid that plugged up both propane lines as well as the regulator.  Lines were flushed out and cleaned and a new regulator Camco 59313 (2 stage regulator) was purchased.  Lesson learned: disconnect propane line during winter storage that lasts for 6 months in northern Michigan.  Regulator has been flawless since replacement.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>