R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ZuBrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180
    Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 9:46pm
I have an update on my Rpod; I received an email a week ago. The floor has been replaced and they have my driver’s side sidewall taken off and are working on getting that replaced. They're planning to start on the other side last Monday. I'm not sure if they're doing anything with the axle or not.  
They have a new service advisor, Hope Rowlison, 574-200-6329. She sent my some pictures;

2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
jato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote jato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 3:52am
Hopefully it will be back on your driveway soon.  Have they let you know about how long before they will have completed this job?  Looks like great progress so far.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
ZuBrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZuBrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 7:48am
Several weeks ago they told me they were trying to get this back to me by the end of June. So I'm hopeful and anxious to camp in it again. I'll keep you all posted.

I do hope they noted my updated brackets for the black and gray discharge pipes. Their version broke within the first 2 months.
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
ZuBrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZuBrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 8:37am
My Rpod was returned to me this week. All fixed and looking pretty good except they didn't clean up their work mess. I had many dirty finger prints from the workers all over the inside and dirt on all the horizontal surfaces. Not that big of deal, I cleaned it all in an hour. 
They replaced my axle, installed the outrigger brackets (only 2 on the slide out side), replaced the floor, the rear stabilizer jacks and they replaced both side walls. The floor feels much more solid. My stairs don't flex anymore, they're solid. I was surprised they didn't install the outrigger brackets on the right side of the camper. Everything looks straight, square and solid but I'll keep and eye on it. None of my modifications were an issue. I had modified the plywood under the mattress, adding a piano hinge to access the water pump and valves easier. When I lifted the mattress I found they hadn't installed any screws to reattach the plywood. This isn't an issue, I have screws I'll secure it with. They replaced the sides so they had to install the decals again but we didn't get the frog in the canoe decal. Not a big deal but I liked the Frog.
Overall I'm happy with all the work and can't wait to get out and camp in it.
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2023 at 4:24pm
Congratulations on getting your R-Pod back. It would be interesting to see what the differences in construction are for the floor (if any). Perhaps it now has more cross-braces. Is the dry weight on the sticker the same as before?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456