R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ZuBrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor raised up in 2018 roof 180
    Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 8:33am
Thanks for the update. Is Tina no longer there? Or maybe they've put on more people to deal with this problem. I just sent an additional email requesting them to move the date in. I hope it yields something positive. My 189 is completely emptied and winterized so it's ready to go with little notice. I was planning to keep the snow plowed in front of it but we haven't had much snow this year so that's not a problem. Do you think I should remove my license plate before it's picked up?
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 8:57am
My understanding is that Tina is no longer there. They have some people covering the role and watching her email. The form I filled out had a checklist and making sure the spare tire was mounted and at the correct pressure is on it. So I think they want to be sure that the trailer is towable and road worthy. So I am guessing that a license plate would be necessary. I have read that the hauling companies have both flatbed them and toward them.

2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2023 at 9:05am
When mine was picked up several years ago, it was towed. The hauling operator will let you know whether to leave the tag on or whether the operator will use a transit tag to get it to the factory. If you do remove it and then go to the factory to pick it up, you will need to remember to take the tag. It would be awkward to get there and not have it.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
BH Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BH Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 10:06am
I have 2018.5 177 and Tina had told me ours was going to be picked up in the late spring.  Has anyone actually had this work done?  She told me that the floor will be replaced along with the axle and outriggers added (both sides?).  I'm having a hard time imagining how they can replace the floor.  There's so much plumbing and electrical going through that as well as all the structures in the interior that are attached to the floor which would need to be somehow lifted off the floor.  That's got to be a hugely complicated project and I can imagine all the things that might go wrong in that kind of undertaking.  So I'd love to hear from anyone who's had this project completed.  
Jamie Harris & Mary Brehm of Wisconsin
2018.5 Rpod 177, 2019 Subaru Ascent
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote GlueGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:40am
As a friend once told me; Anything can be built. At the factory they have tools and equipment to lift the chassis off the frame.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 11:47am
My 2017.5 180 was picked up last week and is sitting at the factory now waiting for the same work to be done. I’m interested in anyone’s experience too and will post my experience. There was someone on the Facebook owners group that had the work done. They posted photos from the factory showing progress. A couple are here https://www.facebook.com/groups/RPodOwners/permalink/10158564899130808/?mibextid=W9rl1R
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by BH Podder

I have 2018.5 177 and Tina had told me ours was going to be picked up in the late spring.  Has anyone actually had this work done?  She told me that the floor will be replaced along with the axle and outriggers added (both sides?).  I'm having a hard time imagining how they can replace the floor.  There's so much plumbing and electrical going through that as well as all the structures in the interior that are attached to the floor which would need to be somehow lifted off the floor.  That's got to be a hugely complicated project and I can imagine all the things that might go wrong in that kind of undertaking.  So I'd love to hear from anyone who's had this project completed.  

Yes it's been done. Yes the factory is where to have it done. The camper will be, for lack of a better way to put it, disassembled and reassembled. I know of several Pods that have had it done. It isn't a regular thing, and there are a lot of pods in the world, but, 1) I know a lot of podders, and 2) I know people in Goshen..
ZuBrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZuBrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2023 at 9:24pm
How long did it take for Forest River to do the work and return your Rpod? Someone on Facebook mentioned it taking 5 months from pick up time until return time. Now that Tina has left Forest River, the person that is filling in for her is Amanda and she has only responded to one email but I haven't heard from her since. I was trying to get better idea on timing of when they'll pick up my Rpod 189.
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 4X4
2018 R-Pod 189
2013 Yamaha FJR 1300A
tony rpod 180 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote tony rpod 180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 2:58pm
Mine was picked up in August and returned in October. It was hauled on a flatbed truck. I actually was surprised how well it looked when I got it back. They did a very good job. I haven’t been able to actually go camping with yet so do not know of any problems with plumbing or electrical. As soon as weather is a little warmer I will be out with it.
GMC Canyon/RPoder
BH Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BH Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2023 at 8:48pm
That's great to hear that your experience was quite positive and in a reasonable time frame.  I'm hoping this goes smoothly for us and other folks.  But I'm not especially looking forward to undoing a number of modifications which attach to the floor or are in areas that might interfere with the disassembly. Cry
Jamie Harris & Mary Brehm of Wisconsin
2018.5 Rpod 177, 2019 Subaru Ascent
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>