R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Murphy bed mattress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote danthefan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Murphy bed mattress
    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 12:39pm
Just about to pick up our new 192 which has a Murphy bed.  I know I want to swap out the factory mattress for something better, probably a memory foam. Does anyone know the maximum depth of a mattress that will fit while folded, or have any further suggestions on finding the right replacement?
Thanks,
Dan
campman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote campman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2022 at 2:35pm
Hi Dan

I responded to your other post, but a simple answer is I would suggest an 8 inch mattress. Make sure it is flexible so it can bend. A memory foam mattress would be a very good place to start.

Andy
Andy and Laurie
'16 F150 5.0 4X4 w/factory tow pkg
'21 RP192
"If the women don't find you handsome...at least let them find you handy!"
Red-Green
MrBlast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MrBlast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2022 at 3:02pm
Has anyone modified you Murphy bed to allow the window to show more in the 2022 193?
lucille193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote lucille193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 10:44am
Hello! We have a Murphy bed as well and have found that a foam “topper” makes for a much better night’s sleep. That said, we have decided to remove the folding sofa that the bed opens up on and make it a permanent open bed with a better mattress. Once the sofa is removed the slide out will close when not in use.   This will also give full time light from the window which we also love! Will keep you posted on our endeavor!
Lynn & Lenny
‘21 RP193
‘17 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
State Park Junkies
 Post Reply Post Reply