R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedr-pod Axle Riser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-pod Axle Riser
    Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 9:45am
I tried to find a previous post about the cost of the axel riser kit. Could someone let me know what the approximate cost would be to have them installed. I am worried about the low clearance while bringing it into our lake home. (gravel road). Thanks
sjf
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by camper4ever

We took our Pod to the dealer for a few warranty repairs and asked them to install the axle risers.  They would not do it as they said it was not recommended by the manufacturer.  Any suggestions?  We do need them to make it easier to get into out driveway. 

Find another dealer.

They are FACTORY OPTION, listed on about the 6th page of the FACTORY BROCHURE..

STANDARD on the "Hood River Edition"

Buy them straight from F.R. Install them yourself. 8 bolts. Total.

30 minutes tops, need a ratchet wrench/socket and a bottle jack.
Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2011 at 1:23pm
As I remember, our risers were about $80 shipped from the factory. A local indy RV shop installed them for about $120. So, the total with tax was a little over $200. Self installation looked to be pretty easy, and I would have tried it myself except for some physical limitations.
We had peeled off one of the rear stabilizer jacks just pulling into a gas station, and without risers our Pod was too low for many national park sites, let alone much boondocking. The standard Rpods have much less ground clearance than any other trailer we've owned.
melp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 11:07am
Had axel risers installed for survival of the low hanging sewer connections. What a difference, I now have peace of mind about that issue. worth the $200 for the peace of mind. Would cost a lot more to replace the connections.

MelP
melp
dsmiths View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 9:45pm
I ordered mine last fall, when the weather clears and I can get her on level ground I will put them on, or I may take to my shop and let the guys do it and buy em lunch, I like option 2.
Dane and Donna Smith
2011 RP-172
2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4X4
lift kit
prodigy wireless brake controller
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 8:03am
Ground clearance = a good thing.  They help at some parks also.  At one KOA I stayed at, the sewer connection was sticking up out of the ground higher than the sewer outlet on the Pod.  It's kind of hard to get water to drain uphill. Cry
Bill-GA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Kickstart

As I remember, our risers were about $80 shipped from the factory. A local indy RV shop installed them for about $120. So, the total with tax was a little over $200. Self installation looked to be pretty easy, and I would have tried it myself except for some physical limitations.
We had peeled off one of the rear stabilizer jacks just pulling into a gas station, and without risers our Pod was too low for many national park sites, let alone much boondocking. The standard Rpods have much less ground clearance than any other trailer we've owned.
I just got a phone quote of $350 Shocked for parts and install of risers from a northern Atlanta dealer ... I think this may be a job I do myself in the spring ...
Bill & Bev
13 yr old dachshund 'Elsa'
2010 RP-176T (tent & slide-out)
2011 Toyota Tundra 2WD TV
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:45pm
Especially when you can order them yourself from FR for less than $100!
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Kickstart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 9:17pm
Bill,the risers come from Forest River w/diagrams and install info that would make the install pretty straigt forward for anyone that feels comfortable with most shade tree wrenching jobs. If you farm it out, then figure 3/4 to 1 1/2 hours of shop time. I know, but for shoulder surgery, I would have done ours, and I'm no mechanic.
Incidently, the dealer we purchased our Pod from beat your dealer. They would have done the job for $400.  
Chuck View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 8:03am
My dealer quoted me $100 for the install but I did it myself. The $100 looked like a really good deal after about 2.5 hours on my back with blood running down my sleeve from busted nuckels. But then again I have the satisfaction of having done it myself. That being said, no matter who installs them, they are one of the very best mods I've done.
Z-pod
Chuck Janet & Bogie the dog
'12 RP 177
1972 Shasta 1400
2005 Ford F-150 5.3L V8
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>