R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GENERATORS???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GENERATORS???
    Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:43am
I have that model that I purchased when it was on sale previously. I am well pleased with it. I have only run it on propane and intend to continue doing so. I think you will enjoy it. It isn't the most quiet generator, but it is quieter than some I have heard. I like that it has an hour meter built in so you can know when it is time to change the oil or do other services.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
pedwards2932 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:17am
I had looked at the Firman and almost pulled the trigger on it but the weight was a deterrant for me.  The one I got weighs 60 lbs which I can handle and keeps me within my weight specs.  We will see how well it holds up but I don't plan on using it a lot with the camper just when I feel like I may need the AC.

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:56pm
So far so good.....starts first pull no issues.  I ran it on eco mode and was using my circular saw  seemed to do fine.  Do you leave these in eco mode when you are running your AC or is it better to turn off eco mode?   I assume it adjusts to the demand either way?  When the compressor shuts off by thermostat the load should go down significantly so eco mode may be okay then?
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:33pm
I've run my parallel EU2000i generators on Eco mode with the 13.5k BTU AC on in my old 179 with no issues. I have not tried it with the 15k BTU AC in my 196. If you do experience issues, you can reduce the surge load when the AC compressor comes on by installing a Micro-Air EasyStart.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats

Post Options Post Options   Quote pedwards2932 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
The reason I got the 3200 watt was to avoid the Easy Start.  It runs my AC with no problem so far just not sure about running on eco or not
leon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote leon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 8:25pm
I had the same problem and now I have Honda portable generator and have no issues with it. I can use for example microwave and a fridge at the same time and everything is ok
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567