R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Reviews and General Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedR-pod HRE Pictures and Flyer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-pod HRE Pictures and Flyer
    Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 2:37pm
Added the risers, or used a tent.  Tongue
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 2:10pm
What did everybody do who lives/camps west of the Mississippi before there was a Hood River Edition (HRE) R-Pod ?

MJ
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 9:40am
I really like the exterior appearance of the HRE but I'm having trouble figuring out if I need to go that route. We tend to camp mostly at established private/state/national parks/Army Corps of Engineer areas and don't see ourselves going "off-road" (a somehwat over and mis-used term) much. We like the idea of the diamond plating panel up front but recently added something called "Rock Tamers" (oversized) mud flaps to our Tacoma so not much gets thrown back at our current trailer.

The larger, knobby tires look cool but would be more expensive to replace and would be noisier on the road and most likely lower fuel economy. That being said   ...they would contribute to greater ground clearance.

What I do see and like is the built-in "lifters" that add 3" of ground clearance    ...but those can be bought as an option and added to the standard R-Pod.

I guess what I am saying is that eventhough we live in Wyoming, it seems like the standard R-pod (with the "lifter" option) would suit our needs.

Am I missing something in the small print? Does the HRE include any provision for higher elevation - - because THAT would be a concern for us. I don't see any mention of elevation considerations in the literature.
Livin' the Dream    ...'Slogger
creel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the R-Pod world. Even though we too are new R-Pod owners, 177 HRE, we have been RV'ing for a while and it is FUN!
We are actually going up in size with our 177, we had a 14' Zoom, which was a great little travel trailer, but just that little bit too small with no permanent bed, the settee had to be made into a bed every time.
On our recent last trip to Utah and northern Arizona, we covered 2450 miles in 8 days, it was awesome!
So enjoy your new toy and this great country of ours!
cgarb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 8:44pm
We just bought our HR 177 today! We'll pick it up next week after getting some work done on our 1998 Toyota Sienna. The sink is itty-bitty! But maybe better than no sink at all. Over all it looks like it will be comfortable and will let us do the 4 season camping we want to do.  Never having done any camping with a trailer, I'm sure we'll have a learning curve!
creel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 4:00pm
well I don't think that anyone is going to buy the brochure Confused........there is enough information on it as shown to point out the extra/different features of the HRE.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2010 at 1:55pm
Pics would be nice.  Welcome!
iamsmonk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2010 at 10:57pm
I just picked up a 177 that looks and sounds like this one.  The only difference in mine is: no diamond plate on the front, the axle is not raised and no 'off road' tires.  The inside is much the same as previous models.  The bathroom sink is TINY!!! Only meant for brushing teeth, maybe washing your face.  The new graphics are really nice.  I can't comment on the new r-dome as it is backordered and I've not received it yet.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.  Will post some photos when it warms up enough for me to get out and shoot some.  I've already started some mods, will post those too.

iamsmonk
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Jay & Tanner
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177

Let's go camping!
Tamms View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 12:19pm
Tammy, Robert, & Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 11:29am
I heard from FR today.  Part of the response was about the new "spoiler", I have posted the last part of this response on the mpg thread.  Here is the info on the HRE:

"Yes, there is a new Hood River Edition.  It is something that is being built out west in our Oregon plant and is being offered to our west coast dealers. It is everything that you described and something that we're not going to be building here in Indiana.  as for the mpg/aerodynamics, we've added a rear spoiler to the pods. mostly for cosmetics. and It has 3 LED running lights in it. Not sure if it will improve mileage or not."

Thanks for FR for the info.  I didn't know they had a 2nd plant making 'pods!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>