Topic ClosedMy New Travel trailer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: My New Travel trailer
    Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by KSinclair

You couldn't have the Flash Gordon spaceship - there's no room for an awning, especially with those flame jets.  Wasn't an awning one of your must-haves?

Darn it!  It probably doesn't have a dry bath either.  But I'd likely be the only one in the campground with anything like it.

Runebane - No, not a MPG.  Keep guessing folks Smile
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 3:25pm
Well- you said you wanted "green". Looks like there are tracks for an awning and room for a dry bath too. OK- this is my guess. Cool
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2010 at 5:38pm
Tusten-
You're getting closer.  At least it's a trailer-as opposed to some wako posts of 1950's-60's sci-fi space ships!

Oooooh, wait a minute...I see those are MY posts Confused

However, judging by the picture, I suspect the "dry bath" may be something like a small wooden outbuilding (out of view of the camera).  How would I tow both?  How/where would I hook up the "stinky slinky"?  So, no, you haven't hit the bullseye yet. Smile
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 5:38am
OK...dispite the fact that we have assembled, here on the RPOD Owners Forum, more raw brain power than has probably ever been gathered in one place at any time in the history of the universe, we seem to be struggling with this just a bit. Ying Yang
Remember your first clues; it is one foot longer than the Pod, seven feet wide, has dual axles and dual propane tanks.  Here are the first of some visual clues:
First, the must haves...
The dry bath

The medicine cabinet is great for storing personal care items; like toothpaste, comb, razor, etc.  However, I rarely use this stuff.  But, with it in there, it may give people the impression that I may use it at some future point.  Notice the awning, in the mirror - complete with tacky lights.  I have a couple of sets of these - depending on just how tacky I choose to be.

The dinette, with a Ham radio (not included with the purchse of the camper).  This being my first outing with the unit, back in early April, I just ran the coax cable out the window.  Bonus points will be awarded if you can correctly identify the make, model of the radio and what frequency I am operating on Tongue

That's it for a couple of days.  It's time to put the thing to some more use at one of our State Parks.
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 6:25am
You purchased the Cruise Lite Salem by Forest River?

Cruise Lite by Salem

-Runebane
RP-177
popgoesweasel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:04am
I'm having a problem increasing the size of the photo of the transciever to answer your radio questions!

I have an Icom 706MkIIG here in Costa Rica.  Since I have a metal roof, I use a vertical with noise cancellation between the radio and the antenna.  I have yet to obtain a Tico call sign so am use my US one.

N3PGW
R171 2010
Frontier 2009
Site 40 Eastern Rally 2010
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 1:14pm
The door is by his dinnette, so that looks like the wrong floor plan.  Also can't make out the radio details.  Almost got my license a few times, might still one day (too many hobbies, not enough time).
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
TheDogHouse View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 8:47pm
I'm guessing on this one as well....

You purchased a Rockwood 1809  ????

Bye the way, I upgraded to a 2009 Silverado as my TV last week - absolutely love it!
Steve and Rosa
11' 173T
09' Silverado Extended Cab
Runebane View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2010 at 10:01pm
Doh, I was thinking the pod was 16' nto 17...  so you're probably right, DogHouse.
RP-177
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 5:24pm
You're getting closer!  I'll give you the radio...it's a Yaesu 897 w/LDG antenna tuner attached.  It belongs to a friend who insisted I try it.  My usual radio is a Yaesu 847.  For you radio guys, here is what I use for an antenna set up, at present
It is a Yaesu ATAS (Active Tuning Antenna System) "screwdriver" type antenna.  It is mounted on a 12' aluminum painting pole - which just happens to fit perfectly into my spare tire bracket.  (I did a a small bracket at the bottom to keep the pole from sliding all the way thru)  All is grounded to the chassis of the camper.

Speaking of antennas, mine is a little different from the Pod's ANOTHER CLUE!

This seems to be the typical sort of mpg that I have been getting.  I usually drive 65 +or- and am turning about 17-1800rpms in "tow mode".

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>