R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outriggers Forest River parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JA-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outriggers Forest River parts
    Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 1:30pm
My 2017 179 does not have a sag,  just adding as a precaution since they are installed on later models,  i too expect to have this pod for awhile.  It is a cheap fix from FR,  they cost $3.43 each  + shipping.
John & Allison
R-Pod 179 (2017)
Nissan Frontier SL V6 4.0 (2019)
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:02pm
I would add them as a precaution. Mine was starting to have a visible sag.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:21pm
Y'all have convinced me, and the price is right. I think I'll order them. Is 4 the recommendation from FR? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
JA-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JA-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 4:27pm
When I ordered them that is what FR recommended.  Also from my point of view each support should go directly under the slide roller   there are 4 of them.
John & Allison
R-Pod 179 (2017)
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 5:16pm
OK thanks. I'll take a look and see. I want to keep the brackets away from the axle attachments to avoid compromising the frame, which is also pretty marginal structurally. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 6:02pm
thanks for the info-I guess I need to get some also
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
Pod People View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pod People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 2:53pm
I just spoke with Amanda in the parts department (574-642-3119x4) and ordered 4 outriggers. For the record, the part number is F100140948 which is 1 outrigger and the complete screws/bolts for installation.  They cost $3.43 each plus shipping.
Thanks for all of the previous info.  I'll post a picture when I get them installed.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
JA-Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JA-Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 2:27pm
I was able to install the 4  outriggers which I installed mostly under the rollers of the slide out.  I had to carve away some of the aluminum channel using an Oscillating Multi tool so I could slip the end of the outrigger onto the channel,  I considered sliding it under the channel  but could not pry it up since it is very much integrated into the floor and wall,  did not want to compromise the integrity of the floor/wall connection.  I did add a backer plate which was suggested and added galvanized  bolts, locking washers and nuts.  I did not use the FR solution of long screws.  I added caulk to the screw heads and will touch up with black paint. All in all  I feel good about the outcome of the supports.

John & Allison
R-Pod 179 (2017)
offgrid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote offgrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:51pm
Looks good. Did you consider letting the Al channel rest on the outrigger rather than removing it? Just wondering if that would have worked? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
StephenH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StephenH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Setting on the channel would have left a gap between it and the floor of the slide-out. I cut my homemade outriggers so they would just fit to the inside of the channel. Instead of cutting the channel, the alternative would have been to put a shim between the floor and the outrigger. I would like to see how the factory installs them. Does anyone have a picture of a factory installed outrigger for reference?
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>