R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Outriggers Forest River parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Cliffhanger View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cliffhanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outriggers Forest River parts
    Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 10:39am
We are the second owner of our 2017 179 and therefore, Tina says, not eligible for repair.
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:11pm
Any cost to you? I sent photos of the issue over a month ago to Tina but have not heard back. How long from sending photos to them offering to fix?  How bad was your issue? Iā€™m in Ontario so I was wondering how they are dealing with Canadians. Thanks
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
Arfpod180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arfpod180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 1:09pm
Forest River is telling me that the axles in some Rpods were over-torqued, leading to damaged frames, damaged floors and sinking walls.  They say the outriggers are not going to solve the issue, after the damage starts.  

They are willing to pay to transport my 2018 RPod 180 to their facility in Oregon, replace the axle, replace the damaged frame, and repair floors and wall.  I thought that was pretty generous of them.  Especially since I am located in Canada.  Big smile.  They really seem to be trying to help owners make the best of this bad situation.  
Life is and adventure
MoPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote MoPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 11:19am
I just picked up six of them for $19 each (including tax) from:  

Innovative Machine & Supply, 
345 Sun Valley Circle,
Fenton, MO 63026 
Phone:  636-600-1171. 
www.innomach.com 

Most of the time they have them in stock.  The description says "179/190 R-Pod Outrigger -12 gauge steel laser cut, formed & powder coated black with aluminum spacer block"

The will ship them for a cost, I just happened to be going through the area on a trip and stopped and got them.  They are very good to work with.
Bill & Nancy
2015 RPod 179
Previously 2010 RPod 176
2014 Explorer Sport

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cliffhanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 10:44am
I got the outriggers in the spring of this year. I lifter the entire side of the rpod and installed them, but the floor did not come back up to level. I think I'm screwed...
Arfpod180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Arfpod180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 1:07pm
I tried to order outriggers from Forest River when my slide side wall began sinking this year.  They refused to send them, saying they needed to replace the floor, the frame and the axle at the factory.  None of this is true, and I even sent 13 photos to prove it.  The side wall just needs support. Forest RIver's Western parts rep, Tina,  said she'd "try to have a look at them over the next few weeks" and get back to me.  She said they would "install outriggers if necessary" at the factory after I have it shipped there.  Apparently, Forest River won't send the outriggers to me or to my RV tech.  So, I am looking for another source for outriggers for an RPod 180.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find some.
Life is and adventure
canadiandad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote canadiandad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2021 at 7:00am
@pilotpodder Thank you so much for all the help you providing here and on YouTube. Really appreciate it and it has brought some emotional relief from the unfortunate discovery of our floor problems. Not sure if the previous owners knew about this as it was priced to sell in the spring. Can anyone link to the most helpful posts/threads you have found? Thanks
2018 Rpod 180 - new to us in May 2021
2011 Toyota Highlander AWD
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote PilotPodder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 2:38pm
Should be within a couple of weeks.
Portage, MI ā€” 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra ā€” My RPod YouTube Videos
TheBum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by PilotPodder

I have them with me as I am about to install them over the next couple days. 6 1/2" long x 3" high x 1 1/2" wide. Here is a video of me holding one up: https://vimeo.com/632462876
~pp

I'm looking forward to your promised install video.
Alan
2022 R-Pod 196 "RaptoRPod"
2022 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Three cats

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cliffhanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 11:16am
Greetings, I have a welder friend who can fabricate these outriggers. I thought I saw a post from a welder who had a great drawing of outriggers he made. Can't find that post anymore. Can someplease point me to it? Thanks!

Jim Lavrakas
Homer, AK
"When youth departs, may wisdom prove enough..." / Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>