R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: An open discussion about links to the other forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn open discussion about links to the other forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: An open discussion about links to the other forum
    Posted: 18 Sep 2010 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Tusten Traveler

I agree, Terry. It certainly felt as if the wagons started circling around me by a handful of the most frequent posters. And to this day, I maintain I was right for defending Bigbit against having rules applied arbitrarily- rules that were not part of the forum stated rules, but rather in the minds of the mods.
And I do appreciate the support!

Life's too short to worry about control freaks and rude posting cowards who hide behind the shield of anonimity.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Bigbit

Originally posted by Tusten Traveler

I agree, Terry. It certainly felt as if the wagons started circling around me by a handful of the most frequent posters. And to this day, I maintain I was right for defending Bigbit against having rules applied arbitrarily- rules that were not part of the forum stated rules, but rather in the minds of the mods.
And I do appreciate the support!

Life's too short to worry about control freaks and rude posting cowards who hide behind the shield of anonimity.
Agreed.  Life is too short.  There are some things in life worth fighting about and many more that aren't.  Personally, I don't feel inclined to provide such personalities with the entertainment they desire.  Give me a cause worth fighting for and I'll give my last ounce.  This kind of stuff is not worthy, nor honorable.
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 9:57am
We've been a lurker on both sites since mid to late summer of 2010. At the time I was interested in what people had to say about pods, good or bad, as we found out how much a tent trailer did not fill our needs. My wife was unable to assist much in setting up and take down, not that she didn't try.

I do have to say both sites really made deciding buying our pod a easy and informed purchase. When our dealer received his shipment of 2011 models, we we're there the next day. We looked at the models to see which one we liked best, and basically bought it that day.

When we got home, we signed up to both RPod-Owners and the other one. Next day our account here was activated, how ever the other site still has not activated our account there . It has been about 2 1/2 weeks so far, and I tried to send a email to the admin a couple of days ago. If that is how they treat new people, I think that this site will catch up and pass them soon enough.

If I come to run into fellow podders, if they are not members of this site already, I will be letting them know about RPod-owners. If enough members did this on their travels, we could pass them fairly quickly. Also may I suggest to the forum modiators that maybe having a email address or two to send a message to if their account isn't activated in say 5 days, they can send a message to someone to activate it for them.

New 177 owner
Ready to pod around!
Pawpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:18am
Update
Iooks like our account will be activated today. Finally got a response
Ready to pod around!
marshwatcher View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:36am
I am very new here.....RPod 176T hasn't even arrived yet! I stumbled on this site and only looked at the other site because there were links to it. I joined here because it was clear that there were some dedicated RV'ers who were eager to help. I was greeted promptly and it makes a big difference. I was confused about the other site and the origin of the same but it seemed very "commercial" to me. This site seemed more personal. Looks like my intuition was right on target. Now that I understand the difference in the two sites, I am glad to be here. I hope it survives and will follow whatever rules need to be followed to help that along. As long as the rules are reasonable, I am happy to oblige.    
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 2:33pm

Thanks Pawpod.  I'll make a note to have a contact email added somewhere accessible.  Glad to hear you finally got a response from them!  LOL

marshwatcher - "commercial" sums them up in one word.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 6:23pm
I routinely check both forums. No prob.
four peas
Tri-Pod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 2:33pm
We had a similar delima as PawPod ands I just called the dealer and told them to get on the stick or close it. I have to say I like both sites, although this is the one I check first and find to be more valuable. Happy pod-ing Clark
2010 PR 176 sold 2012 replaced with
2013 SP 240 w outside kitchen
2012 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x2
5.7L V8
Me, My Honey, and Max our GSP
FISHTAIL View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 12:06am
Eh, I wouldn't disallow cross linking, but I would put up a sticky that kindly asks people not to do it for the reasons stated.  That way, you aren't preventing people from linking a thread in, but you aren't encouraging it either.  I think if most folks realize what the problem is, and how to avoid it, they'll comply on their own.

tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2011 at 10:42pm
I always look at both sites. Alot of the podders are on both sites.
Both sites are Great
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 12>