R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: An open discussion about links to the other forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAn open discussion about links to the other forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: An open discussion about links to the other forum
    Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:22pm
I like the idea of pod-o-pedia.  Another thing you might do is go over and look at the Casita Club forums, they have a good organization and some great topics.

One thing one of the members there did was list the changes made to Casitas year by year, flagging in red the features that were eliminated and in green the new features.  Thus at a glance you can see what changes were made to Casitas over time.  Something like this would be very handy for the Rpod forum, with the recent introduction of new models and the addition of the spoiler thingy on the 173T .  . . and going forward, there are certain to be other changes as well.

Also, on that forum, they have a pdf copy of the owner's manual, which might be a handy thing to have in a sticky post here.

Maybe some of these ideas are already on this forum and I just haven't made it there yet.

I really did get a bad taste in my mouth over at the other forum over the deletion of the link to the California RV dealership.  I still look over there, but I prefer this forum.

But, you say there are 26 links in this forum to the other forum?  Is that really enough to pull them ahead of this forum on Google?  I suspect it may have to do with other factors. . . . such as the numbers of people who buy their pods from Couch's, they are probably referred to the forum at the point of sale.

I don't think it's productive to sink to their level on this forum. 

We still haven't bought a TT.  After seeing the Casita, I can't really get DH to consider the Rpod.  It's less expensive though, and I still think it's a viable option. . . . so we'll see.
KSinclair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2010 at 8:27pm
Also, I notice they have a "Follow us on Twitter" badge.  Might want to add something like that, and also consider a Rpod Owner's Forum Facebook for more visibility?
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:25am
Alot of good ideas!  Keep them coming!
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:35am
Originally posted by KSinclair

Also, I notice they have a "Follow us on Twitter" badge.  Might want to add something like that, and also consider a Rpod Owner's Forum Facebook for more visibility?

Actually there is a r pod owners facebook with 171 members so far.

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
KSinclair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee

LeeClap

Can you link it?

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 8:42am
Originally posted by popgoesweasel

Is is not possible to take the info linked to the other site and simply move the info here as a new post without the link?  Are there copyright issues?  Other legal issues?  Is there some form of legal exposure from taking the info from the link and just posting the info here?  Is it too much trouble?  Is it more trouble than removing the link?

As far as I know posts you make are "owned" by you, so you can cut-and-paste them all day long from one forum to another.  Several of us did that when we started up here, directly copying our own posts (like my post with the steps to winterize a 'pod).

The situation is a little different if you didn't make the post.  I believe as long as an original post is made - no cut-and-paste - it is OK.  Facts can not be copyrighted.  So you could come here and post an event that is already posted there, including the date, location and important info, as long as it reads substantially differently than the original post.  Or, get the permission of the original poster to copy their post.

I'm not a lawyer so this is not legal advice... Wink
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:09am
Clap

Originally posted by Butterfly_Lee

LeeClap

Can you link it?

Facebook is BLOCKed at work and TONITE I will be camping at a state park, I don't think it has wifi.  Try this Open facebook, then in the facebook search type r-pod, or r pod, and r-pod owners facebook should show up. 
Otherwise hopfully someone can link it for you this weekend.  If not I'll try on Monday when I get back.
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
KSinclair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:26am
I found the R-pod owner's Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=56931970807&ref=ts

Does anyone know who created this page or owns it?  Maybe some semi-regular posts linking people over to interesting discussions or information on this forum would keep people coming.
KSinclair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 10:27am
Oh wait, I see, Craig Pringle created it.  Is he on this forum or the other one, or both?
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 12:31pm
Try this:

I'm sort of a Facebook noob so bear with me.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>