R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedManufacturer mistake led to plumbing leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manufacturer mistake led to plumbing leak
    Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:20am
Depending on your state of residence you may have access to consumer protections that extend beyond the letter of FR's warranty document.  You might want to check into that. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
Dirt Sifter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 10:17am
How can we check and inspect when FR can not give us a schematic for the placement of water or power lines? I don't want to see all those when living in the TT, but when they're covered we need to know where they are if we are responsible for checking. Especially for circumstances like yours sawyernisn44. I really appreciate your attitude and approach to this problem. Good luck.
Greg n Deb 2020 195 HRE
'07 Tundra 5.7L., '17 Tacoma 3.5L. Both with tow packages
1 Puggle, 1 Chihuahua support staff
sawyernlsn44 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 9:36am
I completely agree with everyone and am absolutely going to pursue this further. Because if they're really going to tell me we should all be doing a pressure test before every trip, then they absolutely have to specify that in the manual and provide instructions. I'm going to make sure I get this out there. If anything to at least make people aware that if they're not doing a pressure test every trip, as I was told, Forest River can deny their warranty. I've already contacted the BBB and my local news channel's consumer advocacy department. I've also posted it all over social media. If anyone has other ideas please let me know. Thanks again for everyone's responses!
2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 8:48am
I agree, this should be pursued with FR if you have the stamina for it. They are painting themselves in a corner by claiming that their customers should be doing monthly plumbing pressure tests. No reasonable person would interpret their manual that way. If they then revert back to denying you because you are not the original purchaser then they are not demonstrating a good faith effort to resolve what is obviously a latent defect that has been there since manufacture of their unit.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 9:26pm
I don't disagree. That staple likely was in the line firm enough to plug the hole when it was pressure tested at the factory. I would contact them back and ask where in any instructions that they have provided to the owners that it states that the owner is responsible to have the water system pressure tested. The manual entry quoted says nothing about pressure testing. I would pursue this a little farther if you have the time and inclination. You could also contact the previous owner and negotiate something since he sold you a trailer that was supposed to not have any flaws.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
podwerkz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:22pm
Another Forest River failure....and so many here defend Forest River while I lay it on the line:

Forest River customer service sucks. 

I found this out about a week into the ownership of my r-pod.
r・pod 171 gone but not forgotten!
jato View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by offgrid

Originally posted by StephenH

I did a bit of looking, and it seems that we would need to take it to a service place to have the testing done. The connector that is needed is either out of stock at the major retailers. If it is available, it is in the $85 range for a simple plug with a deep enough end to hold the check valve open. Look up JR Products 04-62275 and you will see what I mean.

Where in the manual does FR specify that?

+1  Also looked in my manual from 2011  found NOTHING.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by StephenH

I did a bit of looking, and it seems that we would need to take it to a service place to have the testing done. The connector that is needed is either out of stock at the major retailers. If it is available, it is in the $85 range for a simple plug with a deep enough end to hold the check valve open. Look up JR Products 04-62275 and you will see what I mean.

Where in the manual does FR specify that?
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
sawyernlsn44 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:47pm
Thanks for doing that research. At this point I'm going to keep pushing it and make as many people aware as possible. It would be one thing if they were denying me because I'm not the original owner etc... If that was the reason, I would have just fixed the PEX and moved on with my life. But they're saying they're denying it because of a procedure all of us R-pod owners are supposed to be doing every trip that apparantly no one knows about. People need to see this so they know what customer service they can expect when spending thousands on a Forest River product.
2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 1:16pm
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>