Topic ClosedCanadian Roundup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canadian Roundup
    Posted: 27 Aug 2010 at 1:49pm
We are new owners of an R-Pod 177 this past spring. Love it!!!!!
Looks like there are lots of get togethers for R-Pod owners in the United States. I think that here in Canada the Pods are slowly becoming popular. I know that everywhere we go people are fascinated with it and want to see inside. Our dealer (Campkins, north of Oshawa, Ontario) has sold at least 11 of them since we bougtht ours. We have seen one in Presqui'le Provincial Park, one parked in a driveway, two on the road and "Outbound", who lives in Oshawa near us (Bowmanville) I know owns one. Would like to hear from other owners in Canada, particularly in Ontario, who might like to get together for a weekend of camping. Might be a bit late this year but there is always next year.

How about it fellow Podders?
2010 R-Pod 177 / 2009 GMC Canyon 4X4

Gerald, Lydia and The Boys (2 Shelties)......Canuck Podders
olphart View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 8:36am
Sounds good to me.  We're going to our first roundup in Ohio next month.  It'll be the second trip for our 171 since we got it last month.
Stopped in to check out the facility at 50 Points campground south of Hamilton on our first trip last w/e, ( stayed in Valens Conservation area..a great place for a roundup I think ), and saw an r pod, but there was no one there.  Didn't think to leave a note....Duhhhh!Embarrassed
James & Nancy
Rpod 171 "Launch Pod"
04 Sienna LE
Outbound View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 5:48pm
Sounds like a great idea!  Lets do it!
Craig :: 2009 RP171 towed by a 2017 F150
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2010 at 9:48pm

You could hold it in Maryland!  Tongue LOL  

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Tamms View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by olphart

Sounds good to me.  We're going to our first roundup in Ohio next month.  It'll be the second trip for our 171 since we got it last month.
Stopped in to check out the facility at 50 Points campground south of Hamilton on our first trip last w/e, ( stayed in Valens Conservation area..a great place for a roundup I think ), and saw an r pod, but there was no one there.  Didn't think to leave a note....Duhhhh!Embarrassed
50 Points was our last of three campgrounds we stayed at this summer on our 2-week tenting excursion (before we had our pod) and it was nice. I loved the access to the beach and the big "overlook" area next to the beach that was grassy. This is where we parked ourselves for an entire day.....under the trees overlooking the lake. I read and hubs slept and listened to music.  We went to Niagara Falls one day and loved it.
Tammy, Robert, & Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
Gerald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:30am

Don't know how to start a roundup.......... While you are in Ohio for the roundup next month maybe you can get some info on how it is organized, best type of campground to stay in , etc.  Hope to hear from you then. I take it you are from the Hamilton area?

Gerald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 9:39am
Hi Craig,
My wife and I would love somethig like this, reminds us of the the old "van in" days. Have no idea how to go about starting this. Hopefully there will be some feedback from organizers of roundups in the States. I wouldn't mind travelling a distance if Forest River comes up with a spoiler for the Pod to increase our performance and gas mileage (LOL). I am towing with a 2009 GMC Canyon 3.7 and it is a pig on gas to start with.

HerbL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 2:44pm
Pig on gas?
We have a 2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 with factory tow package (same as GMC Canyon). We did a round trip between Connecticut and Michigan with many side trips along the way. We averaged 13.5 MPG compared to about 22 MPG without towing. I was surprised that we got 13.5 on this long trip. We keep all gas receipts and track mileage with both the trip odometer and GPS. I don't think this truck is a pig on gas.
Gerald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 3:04pm
WOW!! that is good mileage. A friend of mine has the same truck and we are both getting bad mileage. If I get 17 MPG I would be quite happy. I have a 4 wheel drive, I wonder if that would make a difference. Is yours 2 or 4 wheel drive? I am lucky if I get 400 km to a tank. Translated that would be about 250 miles.

HerbL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 3:41pm
Our Colorado is 4x4. Try looking a the Colorado forum (http://coloradofans.com/). Some are getting lower MPG, but many are getting about the EPA average (21-23). If you have a lead foot or are doing a lot of stop and go driving, you will get less.
By the way, we have a 171 R-Pod and tow in third gear; on real steep hills, I might shift into 2nd. If you get 17 MPG in straight highway driving - without towing - there is something wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>