R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaking A List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making A List
    Posted: 13 Aug 2010 at 10:27pm
We took our first trip in the Peachpod last weekend and we have an appointment for warranty work in a couple of weeks...It would go in sooner, but we have a couple of trips already planned that we don't want to cancel.  We had fun, but it was quite an adjustment downsizing from a 31 foot TT!  We spent some time just figuring out where to put stuff.  Fortunately, we traveled very lightly so we could figure things out.

Our fix it list so far after one trip:
1.)  We have the 173 and are using the dinette as a permanent bed.  When we turned the table over to collapse it, we noticed that one of the table legs was bowed out (bent).  This was before we ever used it.  Luckily, the metal's so thin that I was able to gently bend it back enough to be able to collapse the leg enough (the leg won't go completely up against the bottom of the table, however).
2.)  The screws attaching the door hold back on the outside door are completely stripped (we didn't yank on it to do this).
3.)  The breaker tripped repeatedly when the microwave and the a/c were both running.  Nothing else was running to draw amps.  This is a 30 amp camper like our bigger one was and shouldn't happen.  Now...throw the hair dryer into the mix, and I KNOW that doesn't work.  Don't ask me how I know this!!
4.)  Screws loose on lower kitchen cabinet, making door wobble - will try to tighten them ourselves - hopefully they're not stripped.
5.)  The scariest problem:  The outside door has popped open twice now while in transit!!  The door is very difficult to latch, but we are always careful to make sure we hear it "click" shut.  Luckily, nothing was near the door, so we didn't lose anything.  Yikes!
6.)  The dealer's technician, who set up our Prodigy brake system, set the brake too tight, causing it to grab, especially in this heat-will try to readjust it on our next trip and hopefully won't mess it up!
7.) Couch sags in the middle - I've seen other comments on here about this problem.

I guess we're getting what we paid for...Light weight materials are not very durable.  We're going to have to treat this camper like a delicate child to get it to last!
Beth and Joe
2011 Prime Time Tracer 195M
2010 Toyota Tacoma
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:49am
Do you have the folding handle bar next to the door?  If so, just fold it over the door.  That will keep it closed.  I lock the door but put the bar/handle over the door as an extra security measure.

Terry 
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 7:57am
Great idea - thanks!!
Beth and Joe
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Tamms View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2010 at 3:41pm
Sorry to hear about all of the little "problems." We just got back from our "maiden voyage" in our 174. Happy to say that almost everything worked the way it was supposed to on the 30 amp park power. We have not used our city water line yet though. The one problem we had was I don't think the water sensors were working correctly. Everything seem to be screwed on tight and locking correctly, etc. We got ours from Couch's and I had checked quite a few things (what I'd read about on here) while going through the walk through. Dealer prep was excellent I must say:) Hope you get everything resolved quickly.
Tammy, Robert, & Linus the morkie (Two & a Half Nerds)
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 9:38am
Some of these things I should have noticed on the walk through.  Since we've owned several campers (which the dealer knew), I think we were given a rush job, causing me not to notice things.  My fault for not making the guy take his time!  I am disappointed with the quality of fit and finish on this camper compared to others we've had (and we didn't have really expensive campers before).  Oh well, all will be okay in time.
Beth and Joe
2010 Toyota Tacoma
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2010 at 11:06am

Our fit and finish was very good, but ours was from one of the first production runs.  I wonder if FR was rushing on later runs to catch up to the demand.

The only time we've had a breaker trip, the 30 amp breaker on the power pole tripped when we had the A/C, water heater element and microwave going at the same time.  I've done tests on the amperages of the things in the 'pod (don't have the numbers with me, on another thread here somewhere) and those 3 do add up above 30 amps so no surprize.  Were you tripping a breaker inside the 'pod or the one on the pole outside?

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 6:35pm
The breaker inside was tripping.  We have a surge protector-like thing we hook up to the outside power poll that protects us against power surges.  We got it at our dealer.

I didn't think about the water heater heating, along with the a/c and microwave, but we've always used the electric water heater in our other 30 amp campers with no issues.
Beth and Joe
2010 Toyota Tacoma
tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 10:33pm

I have the 173 and I had my couch replaced and it is much better. Luv My POD!! I got mine from Couch's and really have not had any problems except the couch. Hope everything works out!!

TheresaSmile
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
peachpod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 9:13pm
Was the replacement couch an R-pod couch?  Ours sags in the middle too.  I'm thinking it's a design flaw in the couch if several people have the same issue.
Beth and Joe
2010 Toyota Tacoma
tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:23pm
I forgot the name of the manufacturer, but it is the same as in other RVs. The one for the R-pod is special made for the POD because of the size. The replacement took about 2 weeks to be manufactured, and it was just the bottom half. I have had no problems with the replacement. If you look at the bottom of the middle seat it could use an extra piece of support. I may have a sofa upholsterer put an extra piece of the medal support in the middle. I think it would hold up for years with the extra support. I sleep on my sofa as well as sit on it most of the time. The 173 was a great choice for me,very pleased!Big smile 
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>