R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExtreme Water Damage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lindsay7186 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme Water Damage
    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 2:43pm
This is the area of the floor between the slide-out and the bed.

Lindsay7186 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 2:41pm
We just purchased a 2012 r-pod 181G the other day, and everything seemed in great condition. It did have a musty smell, but the person who had it lived in it for some time, and we thought that it was just because it had been closed up for a little while before selling (foolish us!). My husband happened to step in just the right place yesterday and found a soft spot. We looked at the underbelly, and you could see every step being made. We have 3 dogs (great dane, shih, tzu, and pit bull), a 6-year old, and us, so I decided to pull up linoleum to make sure there were no major issues (we originally thought that we just needed to somehow reinforce the underbelly). Joke was on us, because almost the entire sub-floor is completely rotten and will need to be replaced. Thankfully the section at the bottom of the slide-out is hollow, and I think we will be able to avoid having to completely remove it to repair sub-floors. However, I am having issues finding any information on a complete overhaul of an r-pod. 

Has anyone been through this before? I would like to go ahead and remove the ceiling while we work on it and replace with plywood so that we don't have any surprises down the road. Or is there another material we should use? We sold our 1958 Century this past weekend because we couldn't undertake the project, only to buy something that is going to be an even BIGGER project. 

I'm thinking the rear garage will need to be removed as well, and at this point I would rather just tear down the separation there and make a bigger living space. I'm not sure if this is possible, though. Any information that could be provided would be so greatly appreciated! I really do love the camper!! We just don't know where to start.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234