R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOur 175 Mods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Caverkim View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Our 175 Mods
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by techntrek

Love the "glove box", my box 'o gloves are just flopping around in the storage compartment.  I also like the PVC pipe mod for the hose and the mounting location.  Mine is inside a large tool box but I'm not too happy with that.

Two days after you posted the pic of the caver sticker I saw one on a car.  Never saw one before but I knew what it meant thanks to you!

Glad you like them!  Me and hubby both smiled about the caver sticker.  Glad we are helping the awareness!   Big smile
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 8:58pm

Love the "glove box", my box 'o gloves are just flopping around in the storage compartment.  I also like the PVC pipe mod for the hose and the mounting location.  Mine is inside a large tool box but I'm not too happy with that.

Two days after you posted the pic of the caver sticker I saw one on a car.  Never saw one before but I knew what it meant thanks to you!

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:03pm
I wanted something over the stove for extra counter space.  I almost got a wooden cutting board, but decided on a plastic one, because of price and weight.  We got dowel rod and wood screws and cut the rod 2 1/2 inches for each leg.  Hubby drilled holes in each corner and we inserted the screw with the legs.  Haven't tried it out yet but I think I will like it.  I will not be using this as a cutting board, only for extra counter space.

Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:00pm
We got a longer sewer pipe (20 feet).  We bought a drain pipe from Lowe's with holes already drilled in it, and 2 end caps.  Hubby cut it to size and glued the caps on each end (the lids screw off).  He has attached the pipe to the bracket near the battery.

Here is the pipe (he laid the pipe with the holes on the bottom for drainage)

Now installed on the pod by the battery:

We can always take this off if we want to.  The original pipe and holder is still in place.  We could not use it because the new pipe had fittings that would not fit inside. 
Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:59pm
Now hubby is doing some modding.  He wanted a box to store the rubber gloves inside the storage compartment, on the door.

This bin from Lowe's was basically cut in half....

Now you see it on the door:

Pretty nifty, huh

TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 6:52pm
Lots of nice mods!  Thanks for posting them.

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:07pm
Under back window-we added our bat sticker.  Many cavers (people who explore caves), have these stickers on their vehicles.  When you see one, you know you have run across a fellow caver.  So we had to add it!

Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:07pm
Outside mods-We got the carpet mat at WalMart and it almost fits perfectly.  I liked the rack on the side for towels and other items to dry.  You can sort of see the black hamper I was going to use for trash can.  It really doesn't work well, the sides don't stay up, I need something sturdier.  Our old clothes hamper was smaller and about shot, so I am just using the new one instead.  It collapses and I store it and the clothes rack in the bathroom when traveling, on either side of the toilet. 

Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 9:06pm
This fan clips on, or has the stand base that you can switch out.  I think I got this at WalMart for $10.  When set on the stand base, it fits pretty good on the stove.

Caverkim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2010 at 8:59pm
I got 2 of these organizers at WalMart ($14 each).  I have one beside the door as you come in on the right (command hooks and velcro).  Nice place to hang keys, my purse, umbrella, mini mags.  We put our cell phones there.  I also got another one that I placed between the bed and couch (slide area by couch).  It stores tissues, books, pad of paper, pen, reading glasses, the remote for tv and ball caps.  Still plenty of room in both places for additional items. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>