Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Wish List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAwning without Dome screen room

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awning without Dome screen room
    Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:39am
If you have risers on you Pod the door really isn't much of an issue.  It does hit the top of the dome but we can open our almost all the the way.  With risers it does help to have a small ladder for 2 step stool.  We love ours and put it up every time we are out unless there is too much wind..

Happy Podding
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2014 Silverado
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 10:09am
THANK YOU for the note. Did you speak with Al or just anyone? Do they know what an r-pod is, how hard is it to get what you want.
The 7' fits well? Clears the door; I know the gentleman that posted some time ago about the Bear Creek site said he got a 6'4". But that little more will cover well.
Did you have choice of colors, he had a white one, went well with Pod, but on thinking on it I remember how spotted the light color can get, I am lazy when having to scrub and try to put away dry. What color did you get?

And if you do not mind, what did you pay for yours. Did it have a bag and the 2 poles and guy wires?

I am thinking about getting one very soon. Have not gone out (due to rain, rain, rain) to check the screw heads to see if they need tighting. Did get some silicone spray, hear that smooths the way.

'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
Snowbound View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:47pm
Hi Mountain Mist,
  We just put up our dome this weekend for the first time.  The silicone lubricant really helped. My husband (5'10") could just reach with a one-step folding stool but since he cracked it anyway we replaced it with a two-step rated up to 300 lbs from Walmart. We decided to edge the slit we cut in the netting for the step with black electrical tape after dome is dry.. The screw heads were sunk enough in our model 2011 channelling that they did not interfere with the  passage.
B
Tom and Bette
in our 177 "The Gastropod"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:28pm
I have not started checking the screws since I had to order square recess driver. I have a combo of screws, just what they had on hand that day, it seemsConfused
I will not be getting the Dome, have ordered an awning from Bear Creek, but will be using the top c-channel, so need a step stool that will fold up, light weight. I have to use my 3 step stool out of the kitchen and stand on top step to reach the top of the curve when I was using a toothbrush on the inside of the channel. Will use it to look at screws, but a 2 step might be enough to pull the awning through when it has the silicone in it.
Like the Dome, but I have a screen house from my tent camping days.

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:32pm

A monster has been createdEvil Smile I can now post pictures. Thanks to Hodge-Podge.

'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:50pm

You're a quick learner, Mountain Mist!  Approve

2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

tdrace View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:03pm
Luv your Escape pod!!!
tdrace's
2018 180
2010 FORD F150 V-8
equalizer e-2 hitch
Sisters on the Fly #1569
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:32pm
Cool!  After our trip to Kennedy Space Center I wanted to go with a space theme.  I figured I could use the existing rings on the sides and add a Jupiter-like planet in the middle of one of them.  I wanted to put a lunar lander above the rear window, and add some craters all over the arch on the back.  I had a neat name picked out but now I can't remember it - after my wife nixed the whole idea I guess I blocked it out.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Hodge-PODge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 10:38pm
LOL LOL  You are very creative, Tech!  But I bet your ideas run away with you sometimes.  Sounds like your wife is just what you need.  But honestly, I could actually PICTURE what you described.  It sounded great for you -- but I don't know as I would actually want it on my own pod, even if it is a great idea.  But it would certainly suit you . . . . . Thumbs Up
2011 RP 177, the Hodge-PODge
2011 Mercedes ML350
"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123