R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBed Making in 171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bed Making in 171
    Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 12:30pm
Picked up our new Pod yesterday.

Went out this morning with mattress cover and sheets. More than an hour later I am lathered with sweat and thank goodess there is a top cover for it because it looks like a 2 yr. old made it.
And I think, unless there are some suggestions here, from now on I am going to use 2 top sheets and toss the fitted bottom. Or cut it up and make curtains for the windows. Also had help from my schnauzer, she thought it was play time!
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 4:37pm
The mattress lasted one camping weekend and was replaced with a futon.  Now we can make the bed in less than 5 minutes,  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 5:21pm
We use 2 sleeping bags, with loose sheets inside the bags when its too warm to cover up with the bag.  I can make the bed (arrange/smooth the bags) in about 10 seconds.  We added a memory foam topper on top of the factory mattress and then spread the factory mattress cover on top of that.  I'm still considering replacing the mattress with something that has more support.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Okiepoders View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 5:40pm
Been there - done that. 
Got the sheets on our 175 and finally ended up just kinda tucking them in around the
corners and covering the whole thing up with the bedspread.
But it beats a tent!
Pam & Dan
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 6:57pm
LOLYou got that! I thought I might be missing some hidden trick on bed making. A coverlet hides a mulitude of thingsEmbarrassed. Bad enough getting that mattress cover on it. I may look for some straps to hook that sucker together on the mattress. Trouble is. only one person in that space.
We have to get another 600 miles on the tow car before we can even go out and practice backingDead BUT I will have it fixed up in the mean time.
I love hearing all the funnies about these things. My journal gets all this information.
Thanks

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 7:07pm
PS. It DOES beat a tent. I have been tent camping for 6 years, after coming out of a diesel pusher with slide outs. I am determined to camp, so did not matter at all to me what it was in. Had many years of experience in tents before motorcoaches. SO this POD is a real step up from the tent. I am delighted with it and to join a group of interesting people. Camping people are good people anyway. Pod power.
gepaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2010 at 10:28pm
Agreed - your basic nightmare knucle buster scenario. We have the 175 with Queen bed embedded in the back.  I solved the problem by taking the mattress cover provided and sewed heavy duty elastic across each corner and attached one more piece across the middle which I attached with velcro on the front side.  You have to man handle the mattress (pull up in the air) and mattress cover quite a bit to get it in place, but once in place it's set for the duration.  Then ... purchased the WONDERFUL queen sized Travesak.  Camping World & Rvupgrades.com has them.  It's like a queen sized sleeping bag with one huge sheet that velcros to the bottom & topin one long motion.  The travasak is reversible - Winter and Summer weight.  After each trip just pull the Travasak off, wash the sheet, then re-velcro in place then throw back on the bed.  Sometimes we zip it up and sometimes not depending on the weather. We really love it.  Additionally, we added a 3 inch memory foam mattress topper to the mattress before putting the mattress cover in place.  It solved the problem and provides a very comforable nights sleep!
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT - Life is not just about gas mileage!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 5:14pm
just ordered one of the memory foam pads. I think I will try the fitted sheet on it, but for ease(ie lazy) way I think I just will spread a flat sheet on it covered by another flat sheet.  Most times I can sleep if you prop me up in a corner when I am traveling in the outdoors.
TerryM View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2010 at 8:23pm
I have been tempted to take a chain saw to my mattress to cut it down a little!Cry  I guess I should admit that I don't make the bed up any more.  Got fed up with it.

Terry 
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
blissful View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 9:56am
Mountain Mist    WoW!  You have that bed-making described to the 9nth degree!!  I am a senior and the struggle made it almost impossible.  I attached those sheet garters to the corners of the fitted sh*t before putting it on and it helped alot.

sweet dreams of sweat, Blissful
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>