Topic ClosedLighting Modifications

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jato View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighting Modifications
    Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:36pm
Larry, you should be able to find softer L.E.D.'s on Amazon with the same kind of base to plug into.  On our 177 (2011) it came standard with filament bulbs and when we changed over they ran $ 9.00 a piece, that was in 2012.  Fortunately prices have come way down since then!  What you probably have in your unit are the L.E.D.'s that are the 5000 kelvin brightness scale, bluish white and harsh on the eyes.  What we purchased are  2700's which are very similar in brightness to your incandescent  bulb, more of a yellow color and not harsh at all on the eyes.
God's pod
'11 model 177
'17 Ford F-150 4WD 3.5 Ecoboost
Jim and Diane by beautiful Torch Lake
"...and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free."
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:11pm
LED's are dc devices. So while not all 120Vac LED lights are dimmable because of their power supply design I think  (might be wrong, I haven't researched it) that 12Vdc LED lights should all be dimmable.   Has anyone ever tried to put the lighting circuit on a central dimmer? 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:08pm
Many owners on the forum have put filters inside the semi-opaque covers to tone down the intensity of the lights. IIRC, there are no "bulbs" in the light fixtures, but they are surface mount LEDs. There are also very similar lights available that are dim-able.

It may not be intuitively obvious, but the covers come off with a small counter-clockwise twist. You may want to use latex or other "grippy" gloves to get a good hold of the cover in order to twist them off.

bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
LarryG View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 10:42am
Any suggestions to modifiy or enhance the interior lighting?  2018 179 has LED lights that are super bright. This if fine under certain circumstances but I'd like to have the option of more gentle lighting.  I haven't figured out how to take the covers off the lights to see if I can just change the LED bulbs (is there such a thing?).  I've thought of hanging some kind of light cloth on the ceiling to lower the intensity of the overhead lights.  Or maybe battery operated table lamps for reading.  Ideas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12