R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew to me 176T.....Mods have begun......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Motor7 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me 176T.....Mods have begun......
    Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:40am
Picked the 2015 up Sat morning. After reading here about other modifications I knew to look under the wet bath for a lack of bracing. Yep, FR supported the shower pan with 4 - 2x4's almost at each corner under some foam and a 1/2" piece of plywood which left the center(the place we will all stand) basically unsupported. 

The area in red is what needs more support and it is 11" by about 10":

Access to the area is through the storage under the left side dinette seat and a louvered vent cover under the bathroom door. There is not enough room to assemble a "T" shaped support, so I just cut a section of 3/4 plywood into a 11 x 5" rectangle, then cut two smaller sections for the pedestal and screwed those two together. I then slid the rectangle piece under the shower pan, held it up against under the pan then placed the pedestal under it. I had pre-drilled some holes in the rectangle and some angled holes in the base of the pedestal. By hand I screwed in all the screws(in red ovals) locking the both sections of wood in place:

That done, the next 'fix' is to remove the spare from the bump-out tent bed base and relocate it under the trailer. When the seller closed up the tent bed, we had a heck of a time getting the bed base to close properly...it was hitting the top inside lip of the camper and upon inspection I found it crooked and poorly aligned...most likely at the factory since there were no signs of sagging or stripped screws. 

More to come............
2016 R-Pod 176T
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123