R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Disappointing Surprise with the Water Heater

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Disappointing Surprise with the Water Heater
    Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 5:43pm
offgrid, good point.  There are even more switches.  That thermostat box, light tan on mine and about 2"x3", with a round thingy (a legal term, not an engineering term) has even more switching function since it turns the heating system off and on by temperature.  How do you adjust it since there's no dial or digital readout?

Re the NEC, yes, some of it's there to prevent people from sticking their tongues on a frozen lamp post.

To use an over used cliché, at the end of the day, the users manual should adequately explain the switching systems for the hot water heater and it doesn't.  Strictly speaking, the rocker switch on the water heater and the breaker should be enough, but only if they were well explained and the user was advised that the electric and gas functions are as different as a ......[I was going to put in some names of political parties, but out of respect for our very wise no politics policy] ....fish and a house cat.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
offgrid View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2018 at 6:00pm
Lostagain, lets for sure stay of politics. 

As to tstat adjustment, you are 100% correct, there is none, on either the propane or ac side, which in my opinion is ridiculous. For that reason, I added a real adjustable digital thermostat (all of $10 from Amazon) on the propane side, which I have a post on. 

I hated the water waste from our little 30 gallon tanks while fiddling with the hot and cold shower valves so now the temp is exactly where I (actually where my wife Wink) wants it right out of the hot tap. As I'm never on ac unless plugged in at home I didn't bother with doing the ac side, but it could be done I'm sure. 
1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234