R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed179 Awning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 179 Awning
    Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
To add...vintage sewing machines are routinely available at garage- and estate sales, on-line, etc. People routinely all but give them away because "it doesn't work". In fact, they're like old vehicles that have been sitting. Clean them up, get rid of the old grease, add new grease and oil, etc. etc. There's a version of a Chilton manual for vintage mechanical machines that spells out everything. Well it's not called a Chilton, but you get the idea! Anyone who can manage a TV and a trailer, can maintain and care for a mechanical sewing machine (only trained technicians should work on the computerized ones). I hope this helps! Sewing machines are the original home appliance and really fit into an outdoors lifestyle. 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
Pod People View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:30pm
live 2camp—funny that you should mention MG fenders. Laura and I renovated a 1956 MG-A. Now, it had fenders!

I agree withyour earlier post about the sewing machine capability- take your time, go slow, use good thread and multiple lines of stitching.

Laura has made many utilitarian items duringour 45 years of outdoor life together. Clothing kits, sleeping bags, Vests, bags, curtains, pack repairs, etc. a sewing machine and a decent operator can do wonderful things.
Vann

Vann & Laura 2015 RPod 179
crw8sr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:06am
Nice work.  I like our factory installed awning but would love the length and width of yours.  Not to mention the cost difference.
Chuck & Lyn
Izzy, Morkie. RIP
Zoe Joy & Gracie, Yorkie
2018 R Pod 190   
2019 Traverse

In moments of adversity;when life's a total wreck, I think of those worse off than me and really feel like heck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12