R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTV DVD Radio problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: TV DVD Radio problems
    Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 8:13pm
Make sure the antenna amplifier is on, look for a small button where the TV antenna is plugged into the pod.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
melp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 12:37pm
Thanks for the info HOWEVER the signal amp is on when this occurs.
melp
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by melp

Thanks for the info HOWEVER the signal amp is on when this occurs.

Welcome to the group! Smile  Sorry about the issue.  Does it do it even in areas where reception is very good?
melp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:45pm
yes
melp
CubFanMan1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:29pm
For all those that are having poor TV reception, have you tried rotating the antenna?

Believe it or not you can rotate the antenna on top of the unit, although you need a ladder to reach it on the roof.

tpierce220 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 8:51am
How easy is it to rotate the antenna?  We were only to get one channel sort of this year and even that was very spotty even though we were in a town with several television stations (Springfield, IL).

Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
melp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 9:19am
Cannot rotate antenna. Unidirectional, this is a 2011 model year.
melp
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 1:04pm
My 2010 is fixed, too.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by CubFanMan1

For all those that are having poor TV reception, have you tried rotating the antenna?

Believe it or not you can rotate the antenna on top of the unit, although you need a ladder to reach it on the roof.

Never heard of a moveable antenna on an R-Pod.  You sure your antenna isn't broken if it's moving?
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by melp

Does anyone have problems with reception . I have replaced the audiovox TV with a 19" Samgun flat screen.   With both TV's when I walk in the trailer the recection breaks up. Anyone having that problem??

Well..........here's my take on the antenna

Though I'm sure to draw the ire of Podders everywhere, I have to say I was not overly impressed with the performance of the TV antenna on the Pod. We ham radio operators have a "tongue in cheek" saying: Omni-directional antennas work equally poorly in all directions! LOL  Given that, I wouldn't expect great performance from what I referrred to as the "Frisbee antenna".  It is mounted even lower than the A/C unit, so that doesn't help matters either.

Also, when we went to digital TV, the situation changed - especially when on the fringe of reception.  In the old days of analog TV, we might get a "snowy" picture, but could watch and hear most of what was going on. 

When on the fringe with digital, if the TV misses or misreads a bit or two of data (CODEC) the TV doesn't know what to do about that.  So, the picture freezes/becomes pixelated/no or broken sound, etc.  If it misses a lot of data, is just can't decode the signal at all - it will just sit there and say something like "no signal found", or something to that effect.  It may be receiving random bits of data, but it just thinks it is "so much hooey" and can't do anything with it.

IMHO, digital is great when a strong signal is present.  Analog was better under less than optimal conditions.  I doubt there is a malfunction with your antenna.  It is probably doing the best it can.
If I were still in my Pod, I would likely have something on an extendable pole - in much the same manner as I do my ham antenna now.  While not a huge TV watcher when camping, I do like the Indy car races and, to a lesser degree, Nascar.  Being able to catch the local weather/radar comes in real handy also.  If TV is important, you may want to consider options other than the OEM antenna.  Again, IMHO. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>