R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCO/Propane Detector Alarm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: CO/Propane Detector Alarm
    Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 2:30pm
Answers to both are yes.

The battery is not charging. The alarm is going off because battery is low. Concerns me you hooked TV to battery and no charge. You can put a battery charger on battery and see if you have 12V accessories. Also have you confirmed your TV does in fact charge the battery? You can check that with a DVM at your 7 pin connector on the TV.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
BH&MH View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 2:23pm
We took our 2018 Model 180 out for three nights last weekend starting with a fully charged battery. At the campground, we turned on the water heater (we thought it ran on gas), started the fridge on gas mode, and turned on the water pump. We tried the heater when it got cold that night, but apparently haven’t burned off all the oils & dust, so the smoke alarm went off and we turned the heater off.

The next morning, the battery indicator on the control panel said the battery was on “E”. I was surprised that the battery died so quickly. It lasted fine on our first two trips. We turned off all electrical devices to conserve power and connected the power cable to our tow vehicle, but the interior lights kept getting dimmer. Even running the engine in our tow vehicle didn’t seem to charge the battery enough to make a difference.

By our 3rd night, we had no interior lights at all. After we were asleep, the CO/propane detector went off. We hit the reset button, but it went off again. I shut the gas off, burned the gas left in the lines, and opened windows, but the detector kept going off. I finally disconnected the battery so we could get some sleep.

I’m hoping someone can answer my questions:
1.     An ideas why the battery died so quickly this time?
2.     Would the loss of power affect the CO/propane detector? (We’re pretty sure there was no CO or propane problems inside the trailer.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12