R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedinterior storage space measurements?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: interior storage space measurements?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 6:58pm
Hello again! 

I've searched a ton on the internet for the answers to this question to no avail. I want to get some: 

-stackable self-standing wire shelving sets to put in the kitchen pantry

-long, narrow containers to shove under the bed (narrow enough to fit through the opening from inside the trailer, long enough to hold our stuff--clothing and personal stuff) and short enough in height so I can fit two on top of each other if possible.

and

-bins to keep the under the kitchen benches storage area organized

I can't find anywhere what the INTERIOR measurements for those spaces are, so I don't know what sizes to look for.

Recall I'm a renter, that I have yet to personally witness the outside OR inside of any r-pod, that I won't get a chance to go look inside until the day we have to leave, and that I'll be renting a 2019 r-pod 190.

I suspect some of those spaces are pretty standard, but having never seen the inside of ANY trailer, that they are probs standard ain't helpin' much Big smile

Anybody know these answers?

mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm
What model trailer, all different?
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
valrenter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm
oh! also:

how do you keep your stuff from flying around inside the camper while you're driving. I know people say "tie it all down," but tie it TO what and tie it USING what?
valrenter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by mcarter

What model trailer, all different?

2019 r-pod 190
lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:04pm
Val, we use cargo nets, similar to the ones you can get for the trunk of your car.  They are attached with screws, so for a rental trailer, you may want to ask the rental company to do it.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 7:06pm
I don't have loose stuff on countertops or on table, I tie down the TV and table. I have a large storage container that fits under dinette I keep kitchen stuff in and other stuff sits on the floor. I have shelves front and rear that hold small items. I sit some stuff in shower basin, doesn't move.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
valrenter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:19pm
about how deep and wide is the pantry? same for under bed opening to slide stuff under and same question about the space under the kitchen benches?
GlueGuy View Drop Down

Online Status: Online
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 8:22pm
You know the RP-190 is a new model that just came out a couple months ago. I'm betting there are very few in the wild at this point. My point is that the number of people on this list with an RP-190 is going to be very small.
bp
2017 R-Pod 179 Hood River
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 12:35am
An alternate approach to buying containers customized for a trailer that you're renting, would be to pack items in duffle bags, tote bags, tote boxes that you already own and then just set stuff up once you're in a campground. Not so much "moving in" as just bringing along stuff you'll want and need, without making a big commitment to storage items either time or money-wise. This would allow you to get on the road more quickly. And to maximize your time travelling instead of spending a bunch of time at the beginning of your trip, loading cabinets and storage areas without the benefit of ever having seen the trailer before. You and your family could still have the fun of setting up once you're in your campsite. And making notes for the inevitable RPod you'll buy later on (as someone else alluded to, and I agree :-) )
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
valrenter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Live2Camp

An alternate approach ...  would be to pack items in duffle bags, tote bags, tote boxes that you already own and then just set stuff up once you're in a campground. ... )

Hi Live2Camp. So, in my garage I have all our camping gear all stowed in bins that fit perfectly in my minivan. It's surprisingly different 'stuff' than what's needed for a travel trailer, (and pretty derned heavy) hehe, but still...i have these great boxes...wouldn't it be great if all I had to do was grab a couple of those pre-packed bins and shove them in the car, then rid a few of them of tent camping extras and river extras and put pod-related stuff in there? But my bins I'm guessing are gonna' end up being too big I'll bet. We'll see... getting hyped for the trip! Thanks for the response. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>