This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew RP 180!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RP 180!!!
    Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:36am
Greetings
I'm 78 so I built a small step for the bath in my 179.  It really helps and doesn't take up much room.  My 07 F-150 rear springs are getting a little saggy when towing, so I put heavy duty shocks with springs on the truck,  That leveled it up for about $200.  I have dual tanks plus an electric hitch jack installed which increases the hitch weight.  I removed the spare tire and put it in the front of my 8 foot box, which helped also.

Crankster78
Crankster 78 R-179 2015
Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by OldNeumanntapr

After much debate as to whether or not to try to repair the extensive roof dry rot in my '89 Coleman Sequoia tent trailer I have decided to buy a new rPod 180. Big smile

Planning on some short weekend trips to try out the new trailer and later this year travel up the Oregon coast.

Greetings from another Californian and congrats on your decision, you're going to love your RPod! We sure love ours. Your name caught my music-loving eye too (clever pairing :-) . Since you also mention Oregon, you might already know there is an RPod rally in Cannon Beach in late August. I'm not the organizer, and I don't know if it's full yet. But you might do a quick search of the forum if you're interested in the info. Have fun with your 180! 
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
OldNeumanntapr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 12:41am
Oh that would be cool, but my wife wants to wait until late Sept, early Oct when all the kids are back in school and it's just us old people on the road! An rPod rally would be neat though.

Yeah, I'm going to have to give up taping concerts, at least for a while, after spending the $$$ on this new trailer. (It's Not that I use old Neumanns. I'M Old...and I use Neumanns!)

Fortunately I have a lot to listen to! Road trips aren't complete without good music.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 9:26am
Tomorrow is the day! Going through the walkthrough and picking up the new RP 180. We're going to try to find a local campground for the night to try it out but if they are full we'll just camp for the night beside the condo!

Live2Camp View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by OldNeumanntapr

Tomorrow is the day! Going through the walkthrough and picking up the new RP 180. We're going to try to find a local campground for the night to try it out but if they are full we'll just camp for the night beside the condo!

Congratulations and enjoy!!! We've had ours 2 years this July and aren't over the excitement of getting it. So much so that we often camp in it in between camping trips Smile
2017 R-Pod 179 HRE (the green one)
His:Ford F150 double cab 4WD; Hers/mine:Tacoma V6 double cab 4WD
Still love rugged, diggin' comfy too
seafans View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 7:14pm
We picked up new rp-180 in Nevada.  Very much like it.  What I did for the extra tongue weight is to install a pair of air springs.  This way you can add or let out air to get the trailer level when  it is driven.  The tongue weight on the RP180 is more than most of the other rpods.  About 335 lbs.  The extra weight makes it tow much better.  Are you going to be at the get together in Oregon in August?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:39pm
I wish we could but we won’t be able to. It sounds like fun though.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 11:19pm
I’m getting a set of Hellwig overload springs, model #979, for the back of the Tacoma. They are cheaper than air bags. I’ve used them before when I had my F-150 and they help a lot, especially with body roll and to raise up the back of the truck.
PilotPodder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 6:04am
Congrats on the new R-Pod! All the best camping this season. ~PP
Portage, MI — 2017 RPod 179 - sold / 2017 Toyota Tundra — My RPod YouTube Videos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:08pm
This is awesome!! Camping for the first time with the rPod 180 at the beach. Programming the TV now. Doxies don’t quite know what you to think of all this.

Did the walkthrough today at Pacific Coast RV. The tech explained everything and was very thorough. The dealer gave me $750 in trade for my ‘89 Coleman and also gave me a $350 voucher for the parts dept. I was able to upgrade the battery from the group 24 to a group 27. Also got towing mirrors and a new drop hitch and ball and part of my brake controller was also covered. Had to pay for the installation of the brake controller plus a pigtail for the wiring. They adjusted the trailer brakes and they feel very neutral.

Had to buy some new doggie steps at Petco for the doxies to be able to get up on the bed.

Drove to the coast over highway 46 and pulled the 1,740 six percent grade in almost 100 degree heat. The Tacoma pulled the rPod just fine in fourth gear with the overdrive locked out. I was taching about 3,800 and the truck never felt like it was straining. 55 and 60 mph but that was just fine.

The service dept guys who set up my drop hitch said I did NOT need a WDH and the Tacoma would pull it just fine. They were right! On flat ground I never knew it was there. Hills were slow but no problem. Definitely better than my ‘67 VW bus!!

Camping now at Morro Bay Dunes, private RV Park. Just picked programmer the TV and checked out the cable TV !
Still marveling at how much nicer the rPod is compared to the tent trailer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>