R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTime for some warranty work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time for some warranty work
    Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 3:34pm

Time to make an appointment.  My dealership is 1 1/2 hours from my house so it isn't easy to swing by.  However, we are now scheduled to drive fairly close for 2 camping trips in June, 3 weeks apart.  I'm hoping I can drop my camper off outside their gate on Sunday after the first one and then pick it up on my way to the 2nd trip.

So here's my list, anyone else have some warranty work coming up?

- outer seal around one window appears to have shrunk last fall, I fixed it but it may need to be replaced
- the common propane regulator or backflow valve "ping" under heavy useage
- the common "peeling stickers" problem on all the curved surfaces, our pod looks like crap right now
- replace edge trim on table, it was damaged when we took delivery
- factory recall for proper sealing of the four corners underneath
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 6:35pm
Ours is in the shop right now for a leaking back window, and a table that's delaminating in one corner.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 7:37pm
You drop them right in their parking lot.  Mine heads over after this weekend for peeling stickers and state inspection.  Call now and get it on the books for them.  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 1:05pm
Half way there, its been in the shop for 2 1/2 weeks and they finished up on Saturday.  Added "check tail lights" to the warranty work since there was water in the left light.  Also had them adjust the breaks, now that the pads are broken in I was getting some pull to one side when I braked hard.  I can do that job at home but since it was already there and we are picking it up on the way to another weekend of camping it was just best to pay them this time.

All warranty work was approved.  I asked last week if they could get the old-style R-pod decal on the front and back.  The new ones have the recycle logo and "eco-constructed" underneath.  I'm an eco-freak but I didn't like the look of the new stickers.  They said they should be able to get the old style.  I asked them to call if they couldn't, and probably wouldn't have them put it on, just the colored circles.  BUT I forgot to ask when I talked to them yesterday if they got the old style since they didn't call.  If its the new style, too late now I guess.  I'll be happy to get it back in my driveway after this weekend's trip.
rpodcamper.com View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:29pm
When are you picking it up at Stoltzfus?  I work less that 1/2 hour from them and live about 1/2 hour from them.  They have been my dealer for 3 campers now.  The weird thing was the Saturday you were dealing with Wayne I was there picking up my unit from the service department.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 11:13am
I remember you said you saw the Girl Scout magnet on the back of our van.  So close yet so far that day!  We'll probably get there around 3 on Friday, I'm taking off a few hours early and hope to leave our house by 1:30.
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 6:07pm
When you say your decals are peeling (mine is so new that it has not been out on first trip)do you mean when you take it to your dealer that they replace them? Our dealer can't swing a cat without hitting someone needing help. Good to see some of the RV dealers on a come back.
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 7:07pm
We have a thread around here somewhere - bottom line, many people have found the decals just suddenly start peeling off.  These are the decals on the rounded surfaces.  I think it had to do with the cold.  We hadn't cleaned our 'pod yet, no scrubbing, no power washing so that wasn't the cause.  It didn't start until mid-winter.  So far FR has replaced them for everyone that has had a problem.
mountain mist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 8:00pm
Any one check in that has a cover for their Pod, does that make a difference?
'11 Forest River r.pod 171
'10 Ford Edge
ESCAPE POD
Trudi and Austin mini-schnauzers
change here, Trudi has gone, Austin now has a small black schnauzer buddy, Bentley
vandallc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2010 at 9:27am
Techntrek, I am still looking to buy a 171 and now have a towing vehicle lined up... Question that you might know the answer to or someone else on the forum; if you buy a used R-Pod (in this case a 2010) is the warranty trasferrable?
vandallc
2011 177
2003 Lincoln Navigator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>