Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Camping Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedVacation Starts Monday!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacation Starts Monday!
    Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 4:28am
Nice web site you have there!  When you get to Saint Augustine lets get together!

Terry
RP-175 W/Lift Kit 2011 Ford F-150 4X4
Saint Augustine, FL: The first permanent European settlement in the USA: 1565
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 12:25pm
Hope you are reading this from time to time.  I am watching your blog and enjoying your reports.
Be safe and keep on truckin'
four peas
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 2:22pm
12 mpg with the 'pod, huh.  Now we need to find out what the normal mpg is w/o the 'pod.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
HuronSailor View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 2:32pm

We normally get 16.5 MPG with no pod.

We are reading your posts and seeing your comments on the blog, but our internet conneciton seems to be a bit sporadic at the park. We do appreciate your comments.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 3:54pm
Huron - Thanks for the updates.  I don't have a Windows account, so I have not signed the guest book.  I have been following along - "cybercamping".  Did I mention that 15 minutes ago I was out shoveling snow!  I'm sure the bugs down there are just terrible and you're fighting sunburn constantly....but do your best to have a good time, in spite of it.  LOL

By the way, did I mention that 15 minutes ago I was shoveling snow?!!  At the rate it is comming down, I'll probably be out there again in about an hour.  It's not as much fun as, say, camping in Florida...but it's OK.  Good exercise.  Yes, that's it....it's good exercise! 

I'll let you go for now.  You probably need to put on sunscreen, or something.  By the way, did I mention....
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 6:19pm

David, I'm thinking I may need to make my first run down my driveway with my tractor (w/snowblower) before I go to bed.  Not quite the same as Huron's weather!

Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 7:38pm
techntrek - Good luck to you folks a little farther East!  It sounds like you are going to get a bunch.
sylviablue View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2010 at 2:44pm
For the record "ralph the pod hole" is how i refer to our 171.  Big smile

Can't say as I've had to shovel snow in years but I am covered in maddeningly insanely itchy chigger bites from a hike a few days ago.  I must have 80-100 bites and from experience I know it will be around ten days or more until the itching stops. Looks like i have a pox!Unhappy

Yeah, I know I should have taken precautions.  Too late now!
four peas
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:42am
Just wanted to add a quick note to let everyone know we appreciate all the suggestions for sights to see while we're on vacation. We also appreciate all the invitations to meet while traveling. We're traveling with some friends, and Beth and I both have relatives in FL this time of year who we've promised to visit. Between our relatives, and our friend's and our "wish list" of things to see, we're running out of time, believe it or not. So please don't be offended if we don't take advantage of your generous invitations to meet. Hopefully we'll meet each other at the roundup in June.

There's lots of new photos in the blog for those of you who are interested at:

Today we're heading down to the everglades so hopefully we'll have more photos to post after that trip.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: 2018 rPod 180 :.
Tusten Traveler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 9:27am
Hey guys-
Great following your adventures on your blog and can't wait to meet at the roundup and talk about some things in common....
1. I see you FINALLY saw the light and had a real NY Nathan's hot dog!!Thumbs Up
2. We were also JUST at Manatee Park during our trip to Fort Myers area in January. The kids took a kayak trip, and we almost took the war canoe you have pictured. You are right, it was pretty cool seeing those slugs of sea cows at rest near the utility plant. Nice little walking trails in the park too.
3. Geocaching- now that is something John will definitely want to talk about. We have strong ties to the huge Boy Scout camp in our town (the largest one in the country) and John is trying to bring geocaching to the program here- working with some local experts. It's his latest "thing" and he will look forward to talking to anyone knowedgable about it.

Keep the posts coming....the pics are keeping us all warm. Looking out my window now and the snow is picking up again. Counting the weeks to our second winter trek to Florida during spring break at the college- March 13-20 we'll be back in Fort Myers too but, alas, no time to take the Pod.

John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>