R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBatteries not reaching 'charged' on Trimetric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Batteries not reaching 'charged' on Trimetric
    Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 11:52am
Hi everyone -

I was able to install 2 new 6 volt batteries to our r-pod and update the Trimetric 2025 programming to reflect their AH rating, 'charged' point, etc, but I'm a little confused. The Trimetric manual said to program the voltage 'charged' point (P1) to 14.3, but my batteries have not gone beyond 13.2 (6.6 per battery with my volt reader). The trailer idiot light shows 'charged', but the Trimetric does not (its green light is supposed to flash when the batteries reach a 'charged' state, which in this case I understand to be 14.3 or higher). Am I missing something simple? Pressing reset on the Trimetric charge % only resets the number to 100%, so I'm wondering if that's somehow limiting the battery charge? Note that this was an issue with my previous batteries as well (they never seemed to reach a 'charged' state, per the Trimetric). Thanks for any help!
D Plex View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 12:43pm
Also, some specifics on my batteries: According to Interstate (the manufacturer), Bulk Charge should be 14.4, Absorption should be 15.5, and Float should be 13.2 (the current reading). I guess it's possible that the batteries charged and have settled to that 13.2 float, but perhaps the R-pod charger limits the bulk charge to less than 14.4 - hence the Trimetric not reading them as 'charged'?
 Post Reply Post Reply