Topic Closedyizit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: yizit
    Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 4:09pm
I started out sleeping under the stars in the early 70's. After the first night of green bugs hanging over my head and on the sleeping bag,  it was off to the nearest store and the beginning of small 2 person pup tents.  Most of my camping trips during this time was riding on the back of a motorcycle.  Space was limited and there were no luxuries.  After a couple of years of a 2 person tent it was time to upgrade to a 3 person tent.  That was a luxury.  You could now almost stand up to dress and keep your gear inside the tent.    A few years later we became a family and the tents grew larger.  From there it was pop-ups for a while, then back to tents, then pop-ups again.  Life thru a curve ball and back to tents for a while.  The ground got harder and colder, and it was back to the pop-ups.  After several years of pop-ups and tents, and the body growing older and needier, it was time for something with a few more luxuries.  

We searched for several months looking for a small travel trailer to suit our needs.  We came upon a KZ Coyote Sport C130 (14’box) and felt it suited our needs at the time.  We had it for 5 months and used it a couple of times before discovering the R-Pod.  The R-Pod was exactly what we were looking for and wanted.  We sold the Coyote and bought the 172.  No regrets.  It had all the luxuries we were looking for and it had the 2 bunks that we wanted in a small compact trailer.  We love it.

Now after 35+ years of working Jim decided to call it quits at his job.  Darlene has been a Realtor for the last 14 years and decided to take a break, since the market hasn’t been the greatest.  Our plans now are to travel around the USA in style.

Former owner of 2009 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek C190Popular

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 1:53pm
Moving posts that were under my story to their own...
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply