R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwater heater on electric

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: water heater on electric
    Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 12:42pm
hooked up water from the house via well to the rpod 2010- 175 .......... turn the two cutoff's to straight in line~~~ leave the short one cut off between the two lines.  Now i go outside to WH panel and to turn to switch to ON ( removed cotter pin) ,,,,switch is so hard to turn on i am afraid i will break it---is this normal ?? never got it on~~~~leaving on a 3000 mile round trip with pod on Saturday and want to make sure it all is working. Thanks!! 
jimandclare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 1:42pm
Moose - If you haven't already done it make sure the tank is fjll of water before you turn it on. If the tank isn't full you'll burn out your heating element. Go inside your pod an turn on a hot water faucet until water comes out of the spout. I'm not aware of what cotter pin you're talikg about. There should be a simple black electrical switch in the lower left corner of the WH access panel. Just flip to the on position for hot water.

http://www.rpod-owners.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1247&KW=&PN=1&title=i-need-a-course-in-rpod-water-heater-1001
Jim & Clare
2016 R-pod 178
2014 Ford Edge
Moose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:06pm
thanks for the info..still cant get switch to compress to ON  position
Tars Tarkas View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 8:42pm
There is (was) a little cotter pin to help ensure that the switch isn't flipped casually.  The tank needs to be full of water before turning on the electric element.  The switch should be pretty easy to flip.  I suppose it's possible you have some corrosion.  There some spray especially for electrical things that is probably preferable but I think you'd be okay spraying some WD40 on the switch (while disconnected from shore power), let it dry, and try again.

TT
2010 176
FJ Cruiser
 Post Reply Post Reply