R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Grandpa Hiker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:25am
Jobwabe,
Do you have any pictures of what you did underneath your pod? 
Rob & Becky
2014 Ford Explorer 3.5 SOHC V6
2015 R-179 Pod aka Piddle Pod

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain!!"
Shelpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 12:23pm
I have a 2013 178 and I am considering removing the headbanger cabinet and putting in a better stereo in the wooden shelves by the door.  The previous owner had already put in a bigger 12 V TV/DVD combo but the DVD is not working consistently so I am thinking a DVD/CD/Radio combo would be the best, even possibly the one that is now standard in the units.  Can anyone tell me how much room there is behind the shelf unit? Is it deep enough to mount a 6" unit in there or will I need to build out a face plate? How would you recommend wiring speakers over to the dinette cabinets?  I hate to put holes in the floor unless I have to.  Any insights would be appreciated.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 3:27pm
You may want to post your question in its own thread so people with that model see the title.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Shelpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shelpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 6:21pm
Thanks for the advice.  I reposted in it's own subject.
Diwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Diwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2015 at 3:21pm
I love the natural light and added view when the door is open. I thought of adding a window to the door as some pod owners have done, but didn't think that would really add enough light and view. If only there was a way to cover the screens, air conditioned air could stay in, cold air could stay out and I wouldn't have to worry about my dog ruining the screen.  Using Plexiglas and velcro I now have removable panels to cover the door screens.  When not in use I store the panels under the bed mattress.
Jobwabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jobwabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 9:34pm
Am currently R Podding across country-am halfway home back to Cali.  If I remember, I will post some.
Jobwabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jobwabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2015 at 9:40pm
Am currently podding 'cross country and am halfway back to Cali.  Will post pics upon return, if IU can remember to?!
foadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote foadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 2:08pm
Was there any special bolting or drilling required to make this change? What model R-Pod do you have, anyone know if all R-Pods are equipped with the same single 24 inch stair design?
bmiller
Lazy Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lazy Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 8:47pm
Had the same problem, BUT came up with a better idea. I went into the fence section at homedpot and bought a 5x5 white plastic fence post cover with two end caps. Used long bolts to hold the covers on and used zip strips to hold it on the back of our 179. Its SOOO much lighter and I think that we paid $28.00 for the post and $5.00 for each cap
Lazy Goose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lazy Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2015 at 9:20pm
Deb and I have the 2016 179 and we love it! We have been very busy with all kinds of mods.
1 added a long plastic fence post cover, about 7 feet long. It's a 5x5 piece and used the post tops at the ends. This WILL hold the sewer hoses (Rhino) with the ends on .

2 Added the Air MaxxII over the bathroom vent.

3 Used a 4" PVC tube for the poles that go to the R Dome tent.

4 Moved the battery over and added a 5 gal bucket to the hitch to store all of the sewer ends and connectors.

5. Made a chopping block cover for the stove for more counter space.

6 added a shelf in the top pantry closet to hold bags and foil.

7 added shelves in the wardrobe closet.

8 added a shoe rack under the fridge that hooks on the wooden cover that hides the wires.

9 added a shelf on the inside on the left dinette seat that covers the hoses.

10. added a tension curtain rod in front of the bed.

11.added black out curtains  ( bought one and cut it in half)

12. Changed out the TV bracket, so the TV could be tilted down to see while in the bed.

13. used a shoes holder for the wall near the bed to use for TV remote and chargers, keys.

14. Found a plastic like peg board thing that holds little cup like containers to hold our toilet items.

15.used a large gallon jug with the bottom cut out for the toilet paper and put a dowel through to hold the paper in, then hooked it up under the sink WON'T get wet!!

Of Corse we used command strips for ALL!!! WOULD LOVE TO ADD PICTURES IF I KNEW HOW!!LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 52>