R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Have You Done Any Mods?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>
Poll Question: Have you done any mods to your R-Pod?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
683 [81.41%]
10 [1.19%]
134 [15.97%]
10 [1.19%]
2 [0.24%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Podsible Dream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have You Done Any Mods?
    Posted: 27 Aug 2013 at 7:35am
Dawg, check out the answers to your question about four or five posts up - April 15.  There are other posts concerning hanging things on the walls, you can search for "walls", "hanging", and similar words.
Chris and Walt
'10 RP-171 'Free Spirit'
'13 Dodge Durango Crew 5.7 L Hemi V8
tim&karen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tim&karen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 4:16pm

I love the look of the R pod and our truck pulls it nicely, so I want to keep it however there are a couple of things I don't like. Our bed is the table(which is tight for my husband)we do have 2 bunks,not very practical for adults so I was wondering how do you make it work, do you all make your bed daily or do you have a table elsewhere? And for those of you that are 6 foot or taller how do you manage?
I would appreciate any ideas.
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2013 at 5:33pm
Welcome.  Many will split up, putting the tall person diagonally on the dinette or queen (depending on model) and the shorter person on the bunk.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
NancyandMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NancyandMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 2:41pm
Just getting bought a 2014 178.  We anticipate a lot of dry camping, so changed to LEDs indoors.  I also changed the access to the hot water tank for winterizing by cutting the board supporting the bed to open just over the water heater.  It saves lifting the whole mattress each winter.  
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2013 at 9:25pm
Welcome.
Serendipity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 12:13pm
We have a model 175.
1.Built in storage area under slide-out.
2.Moved tongue jack back so pickup tailgate will clear.
3.Added two 12v receptacles on slide out for chgrs. etc.
4.Beefed up rear hitch for bike rack.
5.Moved spare to under front floor.
6.Re plumbed grey water dump to rear with black water outlet.
6.Added second battery with solar charger system.
7.Replaced mattress with modified/narrowed new one.
8.Added mudflaps

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Post Options Post Options   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 8:17pm
Need pics!  Smile
mtbmitch View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Quote mtbmitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:03pm
enjoy the fresh air
hogone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hogone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 2:07pm
serendipity:  was it hard to move the tongue jack back.............ya it's a bummer with the tailgate.  hogone
Jon & Pam
2013 RP177
2010 F150
2017 HD Streetglide
2009 HD Lowrider
CHEESEHEAD
Serendipity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2013 at 4:37pm
Not hard to move the jack. I made a couple of plates to sandwich between the frame. I used 3/8 inch steel plate and cut a hole for the jack in both of them. I turned the jack 1/3 so handle would clear my one tank, and moved it a tad to the port side. Used best quality bolts to support the jack, the weight will be held by the bottom plate, so the top plate could be thinner material. Used self tapping bolts to hold plates in place. I think you could make paper templates and have someone cut them for you. It would be easy to convert back if necessary.
John
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 52>