Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Introduce Yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedwhich r-pod should I buy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: which r-pod should I buy?
    Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 9:49pm
Thanks, Travis, for putting my fears at ease!  And thanks for the adapter link!!  I hope I run into you sometime - although KY's a long way from UT!  Come west!!  We'll watch Christmas Vacation together with the spouses - my pod or yours!  Lol!
Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
Plus 4 Schipperkes: Kodi, Jessie, Maggie & Bear
2014 R-Pod 178
2013 Santa Fe Sport Turbo
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by SchipperPod

Thanks, Travis, for putting my fears at ease!  And thanks for the adapter link!!  I hope I run into you sometime - although KY's a long way from UT!  Come west!!  We'll watch Christmas Vacation together with the spouses - my pod or yours!  Lol!

Always happy to help!!

And we have plans to start moving further out west in the next coming seasons actually.  We're upgrading our TV sometime between now and next Spring so that we can conquer the terrain at west without fear!

Would love to watch Christamas Vaction with you folks.  We do movie night in our Rdome all the time! Sounds like a future planned camping trip someday my friend!!

Are you folks on the Facebook page as well?

techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:13am

...Also, I'm getting some grief from a friend that they don't think I'd be able to set up and take down 
my pod on my own.  Are there other women podders out there that have taken trips on their own?

There are several members here who are single women - some with many years of wisdom - that have no problem towing or setting up their pods.  I believe one has a husband that doesn't like to camp, and another is a widow.  Stretching my memory here...

The key in my opinion is making a checklist for packing, one for setup and one for takedown.  I have all 3.  The packing list gets printed fresh each trip and sits on the kitchen counter until all items have been crossed off, and the setup/takedown checklist is permanently mounted inside one of the cabinet doors in the pod.  There is little needed in the strength/endurance department.  The hardest part is cranking the tongue jack up and down, which isn't that hard, and it can be replaced with an electric jack to make it even easier.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:28am

You want to go to theirs.. they have an outside TV hookup and surround sound.. Their dome is like a little minature I-Max..

Ok, not quite, but they do have it set up for a nice outside experience..Smile
SchipperPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:38am
Yeah, my husband is a Detroit motor city boy; he's not much of a camper, although I think he'll go a few times with the pod.  Roughing it to him is a Holiday Inn without a pool.  Lol!

It's a date, Travis!  Have you and your wife ever watched The Ref?  It's another holiday favorite of ours.  Check it out if you've never seen it.  Like Christmas Vacation, we don't wait for the holidays; we watch it all year long!

Doug, can you share your three lists?  I would find that extremely helpful!

Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
2014 R-Pod 178
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 11:50am
This is pretty cute!  Listen to the re-make of "Motorboat'n" for RV-ers!

http://www.campaway.com

This is where my brother and I will meet up, so I can bring my new pod back to Utah!
Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
2014 R-Pod 178
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:54pm
Can I ask another question about brake controllers?  My installer says the only real difference in the inertia controllers is how many brakes they'll control.  He said for me to buy a Prodigy P2 or P3 is really overkill for my size vehicle and the pod (2 brakes).  He said the Primus IQ would be fine.  He sells the Primus for $110 and the P3 for $189.  I can get the P2 and P3 on Amazon for $124 and $129, respectively.  So the difference in unit cost isn't that great.  What does the group recommend?  Should I get the P3 just because it's the newest technology?  Or should I go with his recommendation on the Primus IQ?  If I buy the Primus from him, if anything goes wrong with the unit, I can bring it back to his shop to fix/replace; if I get the P2 or P3 from Amazon, I'd have to send the unit back if something goes wrong with it.  I will never pull a trailer with more than 4 brakes with this vehicle, but I guess that could change if I ever get a bigger TV down the road.  But I think the pod is what I want for life, so...  Help!
Happy tails and trails!
Teri & Jeff Black
2014 R-Pod 178
kymooses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 8:09pm

Yeah, my husband is a Detroit motor city boy; he's not much of a camper, although I think he'll go a few times with the pod.  Roughing it to him is a Holiday Inn without a pool.  Lol!

It's a date, Travis!  Have you and your wife ever watched The Ref?  It's another holiday favorite of ours.  Check it out if you've never seen it.  Like Christmas Vacation, we don't wait for the holidays; we watch it all year long!

Doug, can you share your three lists?  I would find that extremely helpful!

We have watched The Ref, another favorite, and as you we never wait for the holidays for our favorite Christmas movies, well I don't at least, the DW likes to wait at least until it gets a bit cool out.

We have and use the P2 on our Pod, since you mentioned it in your last post.  

And yes our dome is a mini theater are times.  Jurassic park after quiet hours with the speakers is a lot of fun.  hehehe.  But seriously, movies in the dome are a lot of fun.

furpod View Drop Down
Moderator Group - pHp
Moderator Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 10:14pm
We run with an IQ, no complaints.
CharlieM View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm
I use the P3 for my RP172 and my Honda Pilot. I love it. I don't consider it overkill. It displays in readable english and is easy to set up. The boost function, if you use it, displays clearly. From reading the Primus installation instructions it can handle 2, 4, or 6 brakes so no problem there. However, the digital display reads in hyrogliphics since it is only a numeric display at heart. You may have to keep a cheat sheet handy and then it's too late. For the small difference in price from Amazon I'd get the P3. If your dealer won't put it in, find another dealer. The installation on newer vehicles is really simple. 
Charlie
Northern Colorado
OLD: 2013 RP-172, 2010 Honda Pilot 3.5L 4WD
PRESENT: 2014 Camplite 21RBS, 2013 Supercharged Tacoma 4L V6 4WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 14>