R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTemporary winterization....?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
podders Helping podders - pHp
podders Helping podders - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Temporary winterization....?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:43pm
On our first camping trip with our new R-Pod, we headed out for Nevada and Arizona from North Carolina on I40. This included some higher elevations and freezing temperatures. There were some nights in the low 20's. During the days, it warmed above freezing. We did not winterize on that trip. We had no problems. The furnace worked well to keep us warm. We used a fan to help circulate the heat since the output for the furnace on the 179 is under the bed.

This coming winter, we will make another trip. This time, it will include Utah. Since we can anticipate temperatures to get below freezing and stay there, I will most likely winterize before leaving and take our water in portable containers that can ride in our tow vehicle during the day. We will keep RV antifreeze to pour into tanks and traps as needed. If we take a more southern route across and then head north to Utah, I may wait to drain and winterize until we get to an area where the weather will be below freezing before winterizing. If we have a mild winter, we may be able to make the whole trip with water, but I can't guarantee that.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 11:46am
If you aren't camping, a dip into the mid-20's is ok as long as it gets well above freezing during the day.  
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123