R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWarranty particulars as of Sept, '14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warranty particulars as of Sept, '14
    Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 5:08am
I might have bought the  $150 FR warranty- of course it was never mentioned by the dealer nor was there any notice of it in the paperwork.
It was months after purchase before I found out about it.
Of course the paperwork packet had no owner's manual or anything on the Schwintek slide system either....

2014 179
Towed by a 2015 Ford Transit Diesel
Supervised by a German/Aussie mix and a Labradoodle!
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:32am
Originally posted by fwunder

We just passed one year with our 2014 178.
We purchased Protective XtraRide extended warranty:
Towable-New. Platinum plan. Pretty much bumper to bumper including slide out, appliances, AV, etc.
72 month term (6 years). $100.00 deductible. Can transfer upon sale for $75.00.
Contract plan: $657.00 plus tax.
fred

Just received our transfer confirmation in the mail yesterday for our Salem.  1 1/2 years left on our 6-year warranty, $50 transfer fee under our older contract.  I'm not one to buy warranties but I would have to seriously consider this one next time we buy, between the all-inclusive coverage plus towing, etc.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
techntrek View Drop Down
Admin Group - pHp
Admin Group - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by Budward

I might have bought the  $150 FR warranty- of course it was never mentioned by the dealer nor was there any notice of it in the paperwork.
It was months after purchase before I found out about it.
Of course the paperwork packet had no owner's manual or anything on the Schwintek slide system either....

Have you tried calling the factory?  Often they will allow exceptions and let you sign up long after the purchase.
Doug ~ '10 171 (2009-2015) ~ 2008 Salem ~ Pod instruction manual
Shadow View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:05pm
Hi:  
We purchased our new 179 in August.  And have been out a number of times since.  However just used the "city water" input line for the first time last weekend..   It took us about 24 hrs to notice that the line was filling our clean water holding tank with enough pressure that once the tank was full the water was spurting back out of the tank fill spout with a lot of pressure.   We took it into our dealer (Travel-Mor Ottawa) as soon as we got home.  They couldn't find the problem on first inspection but decided to leave the city water line connected for a few hours as we had done in the campground.    After watching it out for a few hours they realized that the check valve in the water pump was leaking allowing water to enter the tank.   Once the id'd the problem they replaced the pump, no questions asked, under warranty.   We had the trailer back in 48 hours.   Excellent service and friendly too!

And yes they had included the FR extended warranty in our package, and had pointed it out to us and recommended it when we were completing the sale.   We purchased it within 10 days.  

We had purchased a used 151 from the same dealer 4 years ago and had nothing put exceptional service. Smile

Shirley and Carol
S&C

2015 R-POD 179
2010 Toyota Highlander
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123