R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > I need HELP!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedManufacturer mistake led to plumbing leak

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sawyernlsn44 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manufacturer mistake led to plumbing leak
    Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by StephenH

Okay, How is one supposed to do a pressure test? I have not seen instructions on that in any of the literature or forums I have read. If we are expected to do this, it should be taught how to do so by Forest River. 

Exactly! Were any of my fellow r-Pod owners instructed to do monthly pressure tests and taught how to do it? They're making things up as they go.
2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:29pm

For FR to reasonably claim a hidden plumbing leak was discoverable in a pressure test a normal human needs first know there is a test that needs to be performed and also needs to be able to follow the test instructions and identify that there is a leak. None of that is in the manual that I could find. 

Here is the manual from their website for rpod models 2015 and newer. I don't see anything about a monthly pressure test, only a vague reference that you should suspect a leak if the pump "is running" when the faucets are off. That is certainly not a scheduled maintenance inspection and requires you to be dry camping and to interpret what "is running" means. For how long and how often? My pump turns on every once in awhile for a short time either from a slightly leaky pump check valve or a slowly dripping faucet. I doubt it would run more for a tiny pinhole leak from a staple. Many folks always camp with city water and never use their water pumps. 

Then under monthly maintenance it says "check hoses, fittings, and connections for leaks and wear".  That clearly reads like a visual inspection, nothing about running the pump for a pressure test. 

1994 Chinook Concourse
1995 RV6A Experimental Aircraft
2015 Rpod 179 - sold
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 12:18pm
Okay, How is one supposed to do a pressure test? I have not seen instructions on that in any of the literature or forums I have read. If we are expected to do this, it should be taught how to do so by Forest River. 
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
SC for Huskers View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 11:33am
Well, There you go, another case of "The Dog Did It"  Hum.Ouch
Happy Traveling,
Tom
2017 172pod
2011 F150 STX

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 7:17am
So this is what I received today:
We do have some panels that are removable but some water lines can’t be seen which is where a pressure test should be done which the manual states before every trip as well as monthly. I have reviewed all the information and gotten with... on this case. We will not participate in warranty coverage as it is the responsibility of the original owner to check the water lines which was not done in this case. Please let me know if I can help with anything else."

2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 6:36am
Nope, gremlins would not be covered, even for the original owner. FR would certainly argue that allowing gremlins, gnomes, or Slenderman access to your trailer was misuse on your part. unless of course you could show that they were already in the trailer when it left the factory....Star

EVENTS DISCHARGING WARRANTOR FROM OBLIGATION UNDER THIS WARRANTY: Misuse or neglect, including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance, unauthorized alteration, accident, and improper loading, commercial use or leasing of the recreational vehicle, shall discharge Warrantor from any obligation under this Warranty

When hunting for gremlins in your rpod you need to have a plan in place in case you actually find one, The proven method, albeit messy, is to be on shore power, microwave empty with the door open, and some bug spray in hand.

1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by StephenH

Come on! Everyone knows it is gremlins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w

LOL But does Forest River cover damage by gremlins?  Only if I was the original owner lol
2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 7:41pm
Come on! Everyone knows it is gremlins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1xqrdtJs8w
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
offgrid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 5:09pm
My apology for the use of the term “gnome” in my previous post. I did not intend to suggest anything derogatory toward the vertically challenged. Illicit staple damage could just as easily be perpetrated by fictional tall humanoids such as Slendernan. Please accept my apology for my inappropriate behavior.
1994 Chinook Concourse
2015 Rpod 179 - sold

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by offgrid

Maybe to be REALLY sure we should all do daily inspections just to be sure a gnome didn’t sneak in during the night with a staple gun

You really can never be too careful. Rouge staplers can strike when you least expect it.
2018 r-pod 180
2017 Volvo XC90
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>