R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReligious Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religious Quotes
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:29pm
Am I the only one who believes that there is really no need for people to quote the Bible in their post. What would this people say if forum members started to the quote the Koran, Buddha and etc.? Are we not also inviting or opening the forum up to political view points? Now don't get me wrong I visit the sight daily and have found a lot of valuable information, but I believe that any of the information being conveyed can be done without proselytizing.
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:18pm
Hmmmm. A sensitive subject. 

Nonreligious myself, but respectful of other's space, perhaps we should react as if it's literature, if it bothers us?? 

Deep breath - Ommm, Ommm, Ommm.
mcarter View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:58pm
I have a tendency to focus on what I need. I read the post for knowledge, info or if I can assist. Mainly to share an opinion. If there is something on the post that I don't care to read, I don't read it. As I have gotten older, I realize I do that with the news, television, news organizations, public speakers, politicians, activists and protestors. I like to camp with my wife and dog.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
mad67 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:31pm
You are right,however, often it's late to stop reading and I have tried to avoid post by certain individuals who do post the quotes but they often have something to of importance. Will have to be better.
mcarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:36pm
I understand, it is our forum. Take what you need is my advice. Happy Trails.
Mike Carter
2015 178
" I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability."
David and Danette View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:46pm
   I agree it is a sensitive subject but I don't think it has ever created a problem and would say that it probably has it's limits and trust the moderators judgement and that they would act if needed. Smile We are all hopefully CAMPING towards Canaan's happy land Smile
2018 Vista Cruiser 19BFD (2018-              
2012 Vibe 6503 (2014-2019)
2009 r-pod 171 (2009-2014)
Middle Tn
2014 Ram 1500 Quad cab

lostagain View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:18pm
Religion and politics can be very sensitive subjects.  Many times, I've resisted putting either or both in my posts.  For myself, I make a distinction between putting comments in the body of the post of a religious or political nature and having a short religious or political passage as part of your signature line, provided it is not hateful or disrespectful of others.  If it starts generating negative comments in posts or starts arguments between those on the board, then maybe it should be reconsidered by the person using it and the administration.  And, as members of this board, we need to be tolerant one another's views as expressed in the signature line and not use it to start arguments.  

So for myself, I won't add political slogans or religious quotes that I know will antagonize those who disagree with me, notwithstanding that I have some pretty good ideas.
Never leave footprints behind.
Fred & Maria Kearney
Sonoma 167RB
Our Pod 172
2019 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost
MacNagPod View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:31pm
As a Buddhist I struggle with this. I ask myself if I am clinging to this? What is their intent with the quotes? Since I don't know I accept and try to refrain from my own judgement. Sometimes difficult! (Driving everyday is a constant challenge to my Buddha self!)

sailor323 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:02pm
I am very opinionated when it comes to religion and politics.  However, my opinions are totally irrelevant to discussions about winterizing, de winterizing, the plusses and minuses of 6v batteries vs 12v batteries and so forth.  Podders come in all shapes and colors.  Politics and religion really don't help us decide which kind of toilet paper we use or whether we need a wdh.  I am what I am. I welcome advice from anyone.
Happy Tripping View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:22pm
Hmmmm, again,

Apparently, mad67 is concerned about being "prosyletized" by people who put 'tags' on their signature lines that serve to individualize that writer, self-identifying themselves as real people with real interests. These tags are not intended to directly change opinions. This is a non-issue. But if you look up the definition (To convert or attempt to convert (someone) from one religion, belief, or opinion to another), by posting his/her opinion to us, mad67 is actually the one 'prosyletizing' us, but none of us got the vapors over it.

At a time when certain people, allegedly college students, riot to prevent people with a different view, like Ann Coulter, from speaking, perhaps we all should be seeking ways to encourage more diversity of opinions, not discourage them?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>