R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAC E1 error message.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC E1 error message.
    Posted: 15 May 2017 at 8:51pm
Folks, I need help. We are on a trip to Florida - parked at Henderson Beach State Park actually - and have an AC problem. The AC stopped working and is showing an E1 error message. I have changed the main battery but it had no effect. I think I need to reset the thermostat. Does anybody out there know how to do that? The instructions make no mention of it. Any advice appreciated. It is hot here in Florida.
StephenH View Drop Down
podders Helping podders - pHp

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:05am
I read on another site that the way to reset the thermostat is to remove all power for 20 minutes. That includes AC and disconnecting the battery. That will reset the thermostat. Then hold both up and down buttons at the same time for a few seconds to switch from C to F.

I have not had to try this, but if it works, you will have AC again. It seems that there may have been a power surge or momentary outage that caused this.

Edit: I found a Dometic manual for the thermostat. Try the System Initialization procedure outlined in it first. If that does not work, try the power disconnect mentioned above.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Carolavan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:59am
Thanks Stephen. I found that fix also. Tried it this morning. Left all power off for over an hour and it all came back up and ran perfectly - no E1 message. It ran for about an hour and then the E1 came back and the fan was blowing but no cool. Fan wouldn't even turn off. Then it just stopped. I tried the initialization step but no effect. I guess I will try the power off procedure again and see what happens. This is only our second trip and on the first one the fridge didn't work. I am getting pretty disillusioned about this RV business and wondering how Dometic got to be a major player in the RV appliance business if my experience is anything to go by.
Carolavan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:33am
Update - the power off reset worked again. Waiting to see for how long. Fingers crossed!
StephenH View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 12:03am
How old is your R-Pod? Is it still under warranty? If so, take it to your dealer and let them troubleshoot it. Since this is a recurring problem, it would be something to have checked out, even if the warranty has expired. Please don't get discouraged. Hopefully, the reset will hold until you are done with your current trip.
StephenH
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom,...

ouR escaPOD mods
Former RPod 179
Current Cherokee Grey Wolf 24 JS
Carolavan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 6:08am
It is less than 2 years old but we are not the original owners so no warranty for us it seems. The reset seems to be holding but we have been using it sparingly, not letting it run for more than about 45 minutes at a time. We'll see today. We will take in to get checked out when we get back home. Thanks for your support.
 Post Reply Post Reply