R-pod Owners Forum Homepage

This site is free to use.
Donations benefit a non-profit Girls Softball organization

Forum Home Forum Home > R-pod Discussion Forums > Podmods, Maintenance, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed180 round shower curtain question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: 180 round shower curtain question
    Posted: 01 May 2017 at 7:02pm
On our new 180 we noticed the shower curtain is only attached on the bottom at the two ends.  Therefore when you close the curtain, the top having attachments to the bar every couple of inches, stays out while the bottom closes in on you.  Is this correct that there are not supposed to be any attachments on the bottom?  If so does anyone know the brand of shower curtain so that I can order those plastic little pieces that twist into the bottom rail to keep the curtain pulled out.
OLD 2017.5 RPOD 180 + 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
NEW: 2018 Passport Elite 23RB + 2017 Ram 1500 Diesel
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 7:31pm
Still have not found a solution to get the entire shower curtain attached to the bottom track, instead of just the ends  But Forest River is working on it.
ChetC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:35pm
I simply went to a fishing supply store when I was in Eagle River, WI and bought small, clip on, rubber coated lead weights that are used for ice fishing.  Clipped four of those around the bottom of the shower curtain and it's sufficient to keep the curtain from clinging to me while showering.
Former 2017 rPod 180 owner
Now in a 2019 Little Guy MAX
Full timer who logs more than 35,000 miles per year.
Lear111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:28am
I started with the fishing weights then bought a new shower curtain. I retained the original in the full open position hung the new one also with weights and several clips with bungee cords that I temporally attach to the curtain and the bungees attach to an adjustable shower curtain rod that is hung along the entire rear wall. ( doubles as a towel rod )
Then bought a shower curtain liner cut it to about six inches in length and hung that with very strong water resistant Velcro from the ceiling effectively enclosing the entire shower. I am over 6 ft and using the hand held water was escaping all over the bathroom. Also mounted the shower head holder higher and mounted another on the side wall placing
the shower head out of the way when soaping up in its trickle position. Oxygenics fury 2.0 gpm 5 way shower head and new extremely flexible hose allows for easy more comfortable showers. Sounds extreme but no water on the floor and ceiling and no shower curtain cling along with excellent water pressure.
Steve
Lexus GX460
R-pod 180 2017
1 black lab
Clejo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 2:41pm
The shower curtain on our Green 2017 is connected in a track at the bottom.
Joe M.
Perryville, MD
Green 2017 R-pod 180
Ford Explorer Sport Trac TV
Richand Cindy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:02pm
Interesting.  So Forest River does connect the bottom curtain to the track. We are hoping Forest River after seeing our picture will just send us some clips to attach our curtain.  We also saw an idea to open the bottom panel and glue super strong magnets to the outside basin wall and attach metal clips to the curtain and whenever we close the curtain we just push the curtain out and it will stick to the shower below the track. If we get no response maybe we will start with adding the weights first.
Clejo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2017 at 9:53am
Sorry, I was wrong, just the part with the handle is attached. I guess I just didn't notice a problem when we used it since it's so tight to begin with.
Joe M.
Perryville, MD
Green 2017 R-pod 180
Ford Explorer Sport Trac TV
 Post Reply Post Reply